Diablo 2 Resurrected Game Capture dont work.

Glurak

Like title said Game Capture dont work for me only Window Capture and with the Windows 10 Method (yay yellow edges arround the game)

So is there a way to fix game Capture Method?

thafoe

This is still an issue, at least for myself. I've tried every form of capture, yet nothing works except for window/display capture; however, these methods of recording are not suitable and the output is extremely undesirable.

ottawafro

Works for me with Game capture

Diablo 2 OBS.PNG

thafoe

There must have been a patch sometime after I posted this. It seems to be working now, without me changing anything.

thafoe

Update: Tried to stream today but it's not detecting the game again. Anyone have any idea? I've tried capturing another game to test if the issue is OBS or my computer, but I'm guessing its either an issue with how OBS hooks into D2R or the game itself. It doesn't make sense to me, because yesterday it was detecting and display the game completely fine.

Harold

If you have MSI afterburner or rivatuner running, try closing them, then closing and reopening the game, and don't reopen them until AFTER obs is capturing the game

fuba82

If you have MSI afterburner or rivatuner running, try closing them, then closing and reopening the game, and don't reopen them until AFTER obs is capturing the game
Damn you're right -> Thanks for the Workaround!

But it is a Bug from OSB because any other Streaming Software like Discord and Nvidia Shadowplay do capture correctly "with" MSI Afterburner is active and running at the start time!

Hopefully this will get fixed soon!

Harold

It's actually a bug caused by afterburner and rivatuner's overlay hook, not anything obs' side

fuba82

It's actually a bug caused by afterburner and rivatuner's overlay hook, not anything obs' side
It's still bugged in OBS (after 1 Year) but many other (not tested all available) Streaming Client work well, soo...
It's VERY annoying to use the Workaround every time when start the Game -.-

Sadly OBS is one of the most useful and "familiar" Features compared to other Streaming Clients but maybe it's time to switch :/

fuba82

Ok found a Solution now!

In RTSS enable "Use Microsoft Detours API hooking" here:
1678595434751.png

In OBS use Window Capture, as of Game Capture does not work and FORCE to use Capture Mode "Windows 10 (1903 and up)" as of Automatic does not work!
1678595579187.png

and now it works!

AnarchyTilted

I created an acc here jsut to thank you man.
I've been trying to fix this for at least 5 hours!

HOWTF this is not solved in 2023?

Much love <3