Developing plugin on Windows

Alessandro M

Hello everybody,
<shortversion> I know this is surely a stupid question but are .lib available for development on windows? </shortversion>
<mediumversion>This evening, having some spare time I tried to give a first try on developing a plugin for OBS. I made a simple project with Qt Creator (Windows, GCC compiler) with the code from "random" example and tried to see if I could get it to compile and work. I failed miserably at the linking step. It seems that no library is provided by the installer, nor available separately. I tried the nm/libtool approach but also that seemed to fail finding no exported symbol table. Maybe (not sure) it would be possible to link against the pdb provided, but even in this case this would require using Microsoft compiler. Am i missing some important points? Thanks to any of you that may help. </mediumversion>
Alessandro

<longversion> Hello everybody, I'm Alessandro from Italy. I'm developing an application in Qt to create in realtime a staff view from a MIDI source (e.g. piano). My initial intention was just to use it create a video overlay and mount it with a video recorder in some way using kdenlive or similar. Having discovered OBS i though of course it would be even cooler to be able to stream it directly. Looking at the documentation I thought that the way with best performance/difficulty ratio to achieve my goal would be to render the item to a shared memory area in already existing app and then create a plugin in OBS that uses the image take from that area as a source. I wanted to give my idea a try but I got struck at step 1. </longversion>