Question / Help Desktop Audio shows up in OBS, but doesn't play through stream or recording

flipnine

OBS is recognizing my desktop audio. I see the green bar move like normal in the mixer area of OBS. However, when i make a recording or check the stream, the desktop audio isn't there.
I've tried changing all the desktop audio settings. Microphone audio comes out fine. Its probably something that will make me look silly, but I'd appreciate the help anyways.

Log file is attached.

Attachments

• 359d562d681c9fd1cd889aee3282ea23-a4eae20300865efe2dfb9259088a2aaf71a7130a.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,219

DemainaNyx

I don't see anything in your log, but I'm not the best at reading them. Do you have a USB headphone/mic or sound card that you plug your headphones and microphones into? I'm assuming you're using an audio interface of some kinda hence why speaker and headphones share the same "C-Media USB Audio Device" name.

Is there a reason you didn't use the Default setting for Desktop audio? It seemed like you tried all the settings except for Default. If I set OBS to my headset, no audio is picked up, but as Default (which is my headset), it gets audio.

Next thing I'd check is going into Edit > Advanced audio settings and making sure that the Desktop Audio is being sent to some Tracks and that Audio Monitoring is turned to either "Monitor Off" or "Monitor and Output".

If that doesn't solve it, go into Settings > Output and if you are using Advanced make sure that the correct Audio Track is being streamed/recorded. I have all my audio sent to Track 1 (in Advanced audio settings) for my stream but only send Mic and Game audio (not Discord/Music) to Track 2 when I record.

sam686

Logs doesn't show which audio tracks is selected for each audio inputs. Is track 1 enabled for everything?

At the OBS-Studio mixer area, open a menu next to volume control, advanced audio properties, turn on track 1 for all audio inputs.
In OBS-Studio Settings, Output, Streaming, select track 1. Recording, select track 1, or more if you need to be able to separate audio tracks.

Peter May

OBS is recognizing my desktop audio. I see the green bar move like normal in the mixer area of OBS. However, when i make a recording or check the stream, the desktop audio isn't there.
I've tried changing all the desktop audio settings. Microphone audio comes out fine. Its probably something that will make me look silly, but I'd appreciate the help anyways.

Log file is attached.
Hey man, I was wondering if you every found a fix for this. We have the exact same issue and I have been stumped for the past week. Thank you!

DEDRICK

Check your Track setup (Advanced Audio Properties), ensure both Desktop and Mic have Track 1 Checked. In your Stream settings, make sure it is Track 1, same with Recording

Cujo Plays

having the same issue i have tried mic audio on track 1 desk top on track 2 and both on track one. obs still shows its picking up desktop audio but its not recording it.. also both audio sources are set to monitor off so the should both be recording

i finally fixed your problem that's been happening to me too. So what you do is you go in to settings and make your first audio device default and then your second if you record with earphones make the second device your earphones then audio comes back voila.
thank you so much. yeah this fixes it. super weird idek how you found that. also if you use monitors or another speaker instead of headphones, make sure you set whatever that is to the second device like he said

Hubvidz

thank you so much. yeah this fixes it. super weird idek how you found that. also if you use monitors or another speaker instead of headphones, make sure you set whatever that is to the second device like he said
(I did everything about adding devices as stated above, got desktop sound, then broke it again screwing with other aux stuff; NOTHING fixed it after that... Then I simply exited and restarted the OBS... and it worked...(!!!) -Just a heads up before you flip a million buttons like I just did :-) ) -thx to Wenyao Wu

dayday

(I did everything about adding devices as stated above, got desktop sound, then broke it again screwing with other aux stuff; NOTHING fixed it after that... Then I simply exited and restarted the OBS... and it worked...(!!!) -Just a heads up before you flip a million buttons like I just did :-) ) -thx to Wenyao Wu

You have got to be shitting me. I have been having issues for weeks with PC audio from my game PC to streaming PC with a Mixamp TR pro and a avermedia capture card using the stream port from the mixamp to the line in on the avermedia. literally all I had to do was restart OBS ............... thanks

pk_demon

i finally fixed your problem that's been happening to me too. So what you do is you go in to settings and make your first audio device default and then your second if you record with earphones make the second device your earphones then audio comes back voila.

Someone pin this. Worked for me too. Thanks!

Christoric

Help i have this issue to even tho i did what you guys said after a few days it just suddenly doesn't work again. I reinstalled obs and do what u said and it only worked for a few days only. Is there any other option to fix this bullshit?

yourighthand

BRUH this works!!! Thank you so much bro!
Man somebody pinged this!!!

pierreminiggio

Hello ! I had a similar issue and solved in a way that (unless I missed it, sorry didn't read everything) wasn't posted here.
So i'll post if it can help someone else :

Context : I was trying to add FL Studio audio output to my OBS to stream or record it.
- Mixer was moving, but no sound was coming out of the recordings or streams.

How I've solved it :
So I've 2 "desktops" according to OBS, (maybe because I run 2 screens on my computer ? That's odd but I don't see any other reason).
So when I added speakers audio that was the first one in the list, it was not working (as described before)
1609708237691.png

The one that was buggy was the first one (that I now muted),
then I added the 2nd desktop audio,
and it now works.

So yeah cool it works, but that still look buggy to me. Why would I need to use "desktop 2 audio", when my FL Studio is opened on my main screen ? And why would "desktop audio 1" show "desktop audio 2" 's sounds in the mixer if that's not what's being really outputed ?

Anyway, I made it work, but this still needs fixes IMO.

Have a nice evening and happy 2021.

CoreyB

Hello ! I had a similar issue and solved in a way that (unless I missed it, sorry didn't read everything) wasn't posted here.
So i'll post if it can help someone else :

Context : I was trying to add FL Studio audio output to my OBS to stream or record it.
- Mixer was moving, but no sound was coming out of the recordings or streams.

How I've solved it :
So I've 2 "desktops" according to OBS, (maybe because I run 2 screens on my computer ? That's odd but I don't see any other reason).
So when I added speakers audio that was the first one in the list, it was not working (as described before)
View attachment 65390

The one that was buggy was the first one (that I now muted),
then I added the 2nd desktop audio,
and it now works.

So yeah cool it works, but that still look buggy to me. Why would I need to use "desktop 2 audio", when my FL Studio is opened on my main screen ? And why would "desktop audio 1" show "desktop audio 2" 's sounds in the mixer if that's not what's being really outputed ?

Anyway, I made it work, but this still needs fixes IMO.

Have a nice evening and happy 2021.

I'm also having this issue, and this was the solution for me.

Can the team please pin this as a known problem and potential fix? This has been affecting users for years.

JforJonas

I recently got this bug as well but none of the suggestions has fixed it. It only applied to my gaming scene, so I tried everything you could possibly do and realized the scene was just haunted beyond repair. Making a new scene and copying over the sources fixed it luckily.