Question / Help Desktop Audio not being recorded.

Shipmaster 'Raham

As the title implies, my desktop audio is not being recorded. In the audio mixer I can clearly see that the audio is being picked up, but whenever I record the desktop/game audio cannot be heard. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I also had this problem with NVIDA Shadowplay, so it must be a problem with my PC itself, or drivers. Desktop audio works perfectly fine for me and I can hear it, it's only in the recording where the audio can't be heard. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's infuriating to deal with. I have a log you can view if anybody can find some issues in there, there are also some screenshots of my settings I am using.

audiomixer.PNGaudiosettings.PNGmixsettings.PNGsounddevice.PNG

https://obsproject.com/logs/shTz5mxaj-LmpkC_

koala

According to the log, you're producing 2 audio tracks, and according to your screenshots one track contains your mic and the other the desktop audio.
You have to switch between different audio tracks in your media player. Perhaps the wrong track is currently selected in the media player. Try to switch to the other one. You cannot listen to separate audio tracks at the same time. To mix them, you have to use some postprocessing software that creates a mixed track from them.

Shipmaster 'Raham

I use a software called Video Pad Video Editor in order to edit videos and such, it used to always display the two audio tracks separately, and it would play them at the same time. To my understanding this is how it always worked within OBS, so I'm not sure exactly whats going on. Before I edit I usually view them in Windows Media Player, which I know has some issues with audio tracks, but in my editing software it no longer displays the audio tracks separately either.

Now this could be due to me using Voicemeeter Banana previously, because after I uninstalled that program, only then did I have these issues. The only other thing I can think of is that I have the audio tracks selected improperly in the OBS mixer settings. I'm going to keep fiddling with it for now to see if I can find anything out, but if you know of any other issue going on here please let me know.