Question / Help Desktop Audio Issues

Andy Robert

Hey everyone, I have an interesting (and very frustrating) problem. My audio is out of sync while recording/streaming where only the desktop audio is AHEAD of the rest of the stream at very inconsistent distances. On one recording the desyc was about two seconds apart, another video with the same settings had a delay of around 13 seconds. The video and microphone are perfectly synced, however. I have my desktop audio device currently set to my headphones, manually rather than default.

Additionally, OBS seems to affect my entire desktop audio playback no matter if I'm streaming/recording or not. All desktop audio is affected as soon as I open OBS. Youtube videos and audio are out of sync, and music speeds up and slows down about once every second. Also, the audio is popping, in the test recordings, but also with audio that is just being played on the desktop while OBS is open. As soon as I close OBS, the audio goes back to normal.

Occasionally, when I record, OBS appears to be recording audio from the previous recording, even though it is no longer being played at all.

For quick reference, my sample rate in OBS is 44.1 kHz. My default playback device (Headphones) is set to 2 channel, 16-bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) but have tried setting it to 441000 Hz with the same issue, and with the same two sample rates with 24-bit depth with still no success.

Here is my log file, does anyone have any ideas? I can't seem to find any others with this issue and I feel like I tried everything. There are so many layers to this issue. https://gist.github.com/acc0fe27cea2cbadb3bcb6280b0ac1b6