Designing for several different shows.

SEANMCFX

I'm so new to this and I really love the depth of OBS. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around how the profiles and scenes work. It's not at all like any other program I've ever used. I'm looking for tips or trick for designing for multiple streaming shows. Example: If I was designing for a cooking show or pet grooming show I would not want them to share profiles. The might have similar tech spec but they have different art assets and I want to keep the project separate. Since OBS doesn't seem to have a conventional way of saving a project file. I'd really like to get some good suggestions on how to deal with this.

What are some good way for me to separate out different shows archive them and be able to package them up to send to someone. Has someone wrote a plug in to do this? Like when using After Effects or Adobe Premiere you have the project file and all the asset files. I can put those into a nice downloadable package that really pretty easy to be opened by anyone using that program.

Let me know if I need to explain this better.

Looking for any suggestions and ideas. Thank you USERS!

koala

Profiles are managing everything you find behind the Settings button. For example resolution, fps and encoding parameters. Profiles are the hardware dependent parts of your configuration.
Scene collections are managing what is displayed in the Scenes and Sources widgets.
So you will create one scene collection for each of your shows. With Scene Collection->Export and ->Import, you can create a file that can be shared with others.

However, the export is just the configuration itself, no assets. A mechanism to collect every local file referenced by media sources isn't there. You need to pick the files yourself.
I propose your create a subdirectory for each of your shows and move the corresponding asset files there and link them with your media sources from there. If you want to share these, add the latest export file and share the subdirectory content.

SEANMCFX

This helps a lot!

This is kind of After Effects in the sense "Profiles" are like After Effects "Output Module" where I can define how the video gets rendered, size, codec, audio. I already started putting my art file with my exported scenes. I do it that way for After Effects. But after effects has this great tool called resource collector. It's perfect for when you have stray files and you wan to get everything in once place.

Thanks everyone for helping me wrap my head around it.