Question / Help Delay not working OBS and Slingplayer

Captain Dave

I get a sling player feed on my mac mini while I listen to a radio feed on an android phone . The audio steam is a is usually 45sec behind the video. OBS captures the video strem but the delay feature will not work no matter what I set it to.

Any help wil appreciated

Thanks

Narcogen

That's to delay the entire stream, both audio and video.

If you need to adjust the timing of audio relative to video, you need to do it per audio source in Edit > Advanced Audio Properties > Offset

Captain Dave

I'm trying to delay the entire feed. The audio is coming from my android phone and the computer is muted. This is the settings page. Has no effect on the feed
Macbook Air i7 running Sierra 10.12.6 to external display

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Dave

I get a sling player feed on my mac mini while I listen to a radio feed on an android phone . The audio steam on the phone is usually 45sec behind the video. I want to delay the computer stream from Slingplayer to match the audio from the phone

Narcogen

The stream delay only affects RTMP output to an external service (Twitch, YouTube, etc) or to a custom local RTMP server you run (NGINX, etc). It doesn't affect just watching the preview output on a device.

If you're watching output from Sling and listening to a separate feed, I guess I'm not sure where OBS fits in? But in any case, none of the feature in OBS to delay audio or video are going to work if you're not actually streaming or recording output.