Question / Help DeckLink Mini Monitor output with Ubuntu and OBS Linux Browser

ddibiase

Rather new to OBS and trying to get it operating for a project I'm engineering.

We're trying to get the output from our Linux Browser plugin (which works beautifully and renders perfectly) to output directly to our DeckLink Mini Monitor. Basically we're looking to take the output from the browser and pump it through to an external broadcast system.

I'm running the latest version of OBS, Linux Browser plugin and latest LTS for Ubuntu. DeckLink is also installed and ready to go. The next step is taking my 1920x1080 feed and feeding it to the card. I believe there is a Decklink plugin available but I'm not sure if that's for output or just capture into OBS. Also if it's available for output I'm not sure how to go about compiling it and enabling it in OBS.

If this is not the direction I should be going, I'm wondering what my other options are. I'm wondering if I could stream the feed to ffmpeg and and then use ffmpeg devices to push to the card. If this is correct, would someone be able to give me some advice on how to go about doing that? Pretty lost and this seems like really specialty knowledge that I'm having a hard time researching.

ddibiase

Thanks, yeah I noticed that during my Googling and have been following it. Sounds very promising. I actually posted a message offering to test it in production.

For the time being I need a solution as a stop gap until that solution is ready for use. Does anyone have a suggestion? ie. ffmpeg streaming or if someone knows of a non-OBS solution, I'd be willing to try that until the Decklink output is ready for use.