DDJ-1000 + XDJ 1000

Damonjager

So I have recently acquired a pair of xdj 1000 mk1 and am attempting to route them through my ddj 1000 as the mixer. I have no issue running the ddj and rekordbox with asio and obs it runs fine. However it does not track the audio from the xdjs through the ddj. If I cut out of rekordbox and switch into a track on the xdjs the audio capture goes blank, no audio is captured. Does anyone have a worked around for this? Otherwise I'm just going to record through recordbox and the video through OBS and just glue them together in another program but that's a whole lotta work for a video.

AaronD

The general rule, beyond the basic bedroom-stream hobby, is to do all of your audio work separately from video, and put them together at the last moment.

In your case, you would do everything with the tools that you mentioned, having nothing to do with OBS, to produce the finished soundtrack, and then use a loopback audio device to get that finished soundtrack into OBS to pass through unchanged.

A popular loopback for Windows is VB-Cable, but there are others too:

A loopback is simply a virtual speaker and a virtual mic, paired together so that whatever you send to the virtual speaker, appears in the virtual mic. As long as one app (your mixer) can send audio to a speaker, and the other (OBS) can pick up audio from a mic, you can use the loopback to send audio between them.

Damonjager

I had already got VB cable and have been doing it that way anyways. was just curious if there was a way to go straight in. Thank you.

AaronD

I had already got VB cable and have been doing it that way anyways. was just curious if there was a way to go straight in. Thank you.
No, there isn't. That's as close as you get. You need a loopback regardless, and OBS doesn't provide one.

However, Windows does provide one for every output, and OBS's Desktop Audio can pick them up. Settings -> Audio. The caveat there is that it must also go to wherever that output normally goes. Sometimes that's what you want; other times it's absolutely not!