Resource icon

Dark + Red 1.3

powdered_water

powdered_water submitted a new resource:

Dark + Red - Dark Theme with Red Buttons for indicating ongoing Recordings & Streams

What is it?
Pretty much just the the standard dark theme with buttons that turn red when you press them and stay a lighter shade of red while recordings and streams are ongoing.

Why is it?
Well, I wanted to have people be able to tell if they were actually recording/streaming. Reading fine print that says either "Start Recording" or "Stop Recording" can be difficult in certain situations and a color coded change is pretty standard across other software.

With this theme, once...

Read more about this resource...

twoBrokenThumbs

Thanks for the theme, it is exactly what I wanted.

BUT have you noticed that after the recent OBS update when you launch OBS the background is a random color?
It is different every time, pink, green, whatever.... the only way to get it back to the dark gray is to switch themes to standard dark then switch back. But of course once you close and reopen OBS a random color appears again.

Any chance you can take a look and patch the theme?

wondible

The latest patch update (23.2.1) seems to have broken the source view/lock icons. They appear as checkboxes.

Old Desert Lizard

To fix the broken view/lock icons:
  1. You might have to give yourself permissions on the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-studio\themes folder to edit/save the file.
  2. Open Dark.qss in Notepad. Windows-LeftArrow to stick it to the left side of the screen. Control-End to scroll to the bottom.
  3. Go back and open Dark + Red.qss. Windows-RightArrow to stick it to the right side of the screen. Control-End to scroll to the bottom.
  4. You should be looking at the two files side-by-side. Note that the last thing on the Dark+Red version is the OBSBasicSettings items... but on the Dark side (Vader side? *chuckle*) there is a smaller OBSBasicSettings QListtWidget item, and about 2/3 of a screen more stuff.
  5. Copy all the missing stuff from Dark over to Dark-Red, and save. If you have problems saving, make sure you gave yourself permissions on the themes folder... saving this elsewhere will not help you!
  6. Now select Dark+Red from your Settings, and the eyeball and lock icons are now there.
Alternatively, save the Dark+Red.qss file to a new name, like Dark+Red-Custom.qss.

Your end result should look like this, with the copied stuff on the left and the pasted stuff on the right -- and all the text looking identical.
2019-06-17-OBS-qss-fix.PNG

2019-06-17-OBS-qss-fix.PNG

powdered_water

powdered_water updated Dark + Red with a new update entry:

Dark + Red for OBS 23.2.1

Hey all,

I've updated the theme to be compatible with OBS 23.2.1. This fixes the eyeball and lock icon becoming checkboxes in the source list.

Thanks for Old Desert Lizard for posting a fix earlier today!

I wasn't aware it had broken with the newest update until about 5 minutes ago, so if anyone finds any other issues or if the next OBS release breaks things again, feel free to message me directly on here or on OBS.

Thanks,
powdered_water / Hycer

Read the rest of this update entry...

ba5ak

This is good theme with RED buttons.
But some icons invisible cuz wrong images name and path.
*.png changed to *.svg and some names and paths are fixed.

Attachments

• Dark + Red.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 102

ba5ak

I fully edited this skin for OBS v25.0
Based on original Dark.qss theme. Only changed buttons color to RED when it activated.

obs_v25_dark_red_edited.PNG

Attachments

• Dark + Red_v25.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 116