Customizable Scoreboard(Suggestion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svedriall

Hello Guys, Got a suggestion for Tournement and Match streamers. First, I am not a player streamer, meaning i do not stream the games I play myself, but I do stream the Tournement Matches of every kind of game. For Instance, as every League of legend streamer knows, In the Spectating mode, there is no indication of the team names playing the match, So I made a 2D graphic with Photoshop to use on as an overlay, Transparent and was using Remote text update(Xsplit)for the team names and score updates. It would be awesome to have a customizable plugin that allows me to press some buttons(Maybe hotkeys) set some timers or swap sides of teams Instantly, allowing streamer to chose a graphic, placing the text positions.

Here is the overlay I made for League of Legends Tournement streams :arrow: : http://i.imgur.com/rjwFW.jpg

I don't know if i could manage to translate my thought into text but thats pretty much it. :ugeek:

Would be nice to know if it is possible or is there any way that i can help through.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
You can already do this.

First, add your blank image to a scene in OBS.

Next, create .txt files for each team name and score (4 .txt files total).

Add 4 text sources, say "Use text from File", and select one text file for each text source. Place them where you want to put them on the scene on top of your image (you will probably have to use custom extents).

Keep the text files open while you cast. When you want to change the team name or score, alt-tab to the text file, change it, save it, and it will be updated automatically in OBS as soon as you save it. (This works best if the text files are on a second monitor.)

And you're done! This is what I do for my casts (for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSvX3PUZ2A) and it seems to work alright.

Svedriall

As you saw on the overlay i made, i was using the method you mentioned on Xsplit and the streams I made, but for that I have to open 8 different notepads,meaning 8 different sources to edit and save, I tried and it works fine with OBS but would'nt it nice to have a one window plugin for that all, maybe fade in and out transitions after getting done editing and saving the changes you made?

micechal

I believe you can easily do what you want using AutoHotkey or AutoIt. These are simple scripting languages (AutoHotkey is a bit different though). You can write a simple script which would for example add '1' to the value from some txt file to display score. I don't know how LoL gameplay goes, but you could simply press a hotkey when someone earns a point :) You can make it to qrite to multiple files with multiple hotkeys. Then just set it in OBS and you won't need to have 8 notepads opened anymore. If you don't understand these programs, feel free to write and I'll make a simple program in one of them for you because I've got a lot of free time right now. Just explain to me how do you want it to work and I'll write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.