Custom Transitions

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yes, we added code specifically for this in the multiplatform build but it's still incomplete.

Yes, we added code specifically for this in the multiplatform build but it's still incomplete.
Alright, thanks for the response! I just hadn't read anything about that and couldn't find anything in a search but I didn't search for long or hard.

HaDAk

Where do we stand with this? I've been trying to work through the same guide, to no avail. Ideally, I'd like to use a video clip as a custom transition. If OBS Studio could be smart enough to switch scenes half way through playback, I'd be happy as a clam.

HaDAk

Transitions have been added to OBS-Studio for quite some time now, you can find examples by checking the existing ones:
https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio/tree/master/plugins/obs-transitions

Hey Jack0r,

Yeah, we have transitions, but I'm looking for a custom transition. I'd like to play a video and switch my scene beneath that video. There doesn't appear to be a mechanism to do this, currently.

The closest I can get is adding a media source to the scene, but if I use the same media source on each scene, it never plays when I switch to the next scene. This is almost a perfect solution, if only I could force it to play that media source when switching to the scene -- even if it had already played in the previous scene.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Easiest would probably be if someone wrote a transition that used a video or image sequence similar like the fade to color transition that is available. And similar to a stinger transition. You can define the length of the transition and the cut point.

Now we just need a developer to do it :)