Custom ffmpeg commands not working

TWM

I can't seem to turn on CBR while recording to our streaming server.

I have tried all sorts of combos but it still defaults to vbr. I know because when I switch to a black screen my bit rate drops to 1mbit.
Can someone look at my screen shot and see if they can help?

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 12.38.35 AM.png

rockbottom

No dashes

preset=hq profile=main rc=cbr

Here are the commands I use for NVENC HVEC (CQP)

preset=hq profile=main tier=high rc=constqp rc-lookahead=32 init_qpP=18 init_qpB=18 init_qpI=18 bf=2 b_ref_mode=disabled

TWM

Thanks do much! You help allowed me to confirm that I am typing in the command properly.

I am using preset=ll profile=main tier=high rc=cbr

I can see the bitrate change when I try different presets so I know the commands are working, but CBR doesn't seem to be working. When I use the obs streaming presets with CBR 20Mbit, I get 17Mbit on a black screen and 26mbit on full screen action.

With FFmpeg I still get 1mbit on a black screen and it peaks at 50mbit on live action. I am testing live streaming to my phone and can see it stutter when it hits 45+mbit peaks

Can you try the command I am using on your setup and see if a black screen generates a 1mbit stream?

Thanks,

Tony

rockbottom

No, you're streaming.

Write to HD instead & check your recordings with MediaTab or MediaInfo to see the actual bit-rate the encoder is producing.

rockbottom

BTW, remove this command: tier=high

The encoder will default to Main. High is really for recording using CQP as it allows to encoder to use a higher bit-rate to meet the target setting.