Custom css for YouTube chat stopped working suddenly

sniperbby

I cannot believe Google wouldn't show me this forum post last week. I have been having this issue since then and I have been trying to find a solution, going back version doesn't work because it breaks the plugins and scripts that I have, using an older version of OBS-Browser from github does break every other Browser Source that I use. I have downloaded and compiled the code with the fix and it seems to fixed the issue. I have attached the release build obs-studio for those who are not able to compile it for themselves. Have a good day out there streaming, I am sure I will . (PS: I am not the one streaming, I am doing this for someone else who does )

BTW, You have to unpack this bad boy in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit
Can someone explain to me how to use this? I downloaded it but how do i put it on obs ?

Rangel Martins

Can someone explain to me how to use this? I downloaded it but how do i put it on obs ?
I did the following, in the folder where obs is installed I looked for the respective files: obs-browser.dll and obs-browser-page and then I unzipped obs-browser-css-fix and copied and pasted the files from this folder and it worked.

overwrote obs-browser-page.exe and obs-browser.dll in the correct folder and restarted OBS 30.2.2 but no joy. CSS still broken.
Just generic YouTube chat.

1723331165861.png

Rangel Martins

you can use an extension in chrome, customize the css there and then copy and paste it into the obs custom css
mas pelo link da live

youtube.com/live_chat

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 249
So, I installed a portable version of OBS in a different folder. Applied the CSS I had set for the chat to the new install. It works. What the hell is going on?
1723438294999.png

Bug in the current version of OBS 30.2.2, you have to wait for a future update.

I tested it on a 32-bit version 27 and the custom css didn't cause any problems
So, new wrinkle. I ran the old version that was 'broken' by right clicking on the OBS64.exe and selecting "run as administrator" and the CSS worked... I'm so confused.

EliasGNA

I'm using OBS 27.2.4 and can't upgrade due to other aspects. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to get 27.2.4 to work with YouTube chat. I just can't seem to figure out how to use this injection. Any downloads and text instructions would be great. Please give clear instructions as everything I've tried so far doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You,

Xyphoe

you can use an extension in chrome, customize the css there and then copy and paste it into the obs custom css
mas pelo link da live

youtube.com/live_chat

Sorry, and further apologies but I don't really follow.

Most people surely, like me, will just have a 'browser source' for the live chat, and for that enter the "URL" with "https://www.youtube.com/live_chat?is_popout=1&v=XXXXXXXXXXXX" and then in the CSS field enter our CSS customisations?

That is what's not working for me and and couple of other people that I've spoken to who've tried KyoN_tHe_DeStRoYeR's files on the previous page (yes on the latest version of OBS).

I don't know how the Chrome Extension plays a part in this, unless you mean to create the CSS? If so - sorry for the misunderstanding. I already have my CSS styling, and it's not working.

Thanks!

Rangel Martins

Update to version 30.2.3!
Fixed browser source custom CSS injection for sites with 'require-trusted-types-for' CSP (e.g., YouTube) [vvto33]

Rangel Martins

Thank you for participating in the forum and seeing that my problem with OBS was resolved and for discussing bugs with other users

Xyphoe

This should be resolved in 30.2.3.

Yep! Great stuff! Updated to 30.2.3 and my original browser source for my YouTube chat window (with my original CSS) works again immediately.
Thank you!

(Don't know why KyoN's files didn't work and meh all those hours wasted, but I appreciate community members trying to help)

Stevonnie510

I'm using OBS 27.2.4 and can't upgrade due to other aspects. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to get 27.2.4 to work with YouTube chat. I just can't seem to figure out how to use this injection. Any downloads and text instructions would be great. Please give clear instructions as everything I've tried so far doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You,
I am similarly using OBS 27.2.4 and in search of a solution that doesn't involve changing versions.