Custom camera Resolutions for webcam? [Insta360 Link portrait (streaming) mode]

buckettraveler

Just got a Insta360 Link and wanted to try out the vertical orentation. When I turn on the streamer mode it says I need to set it up in the streaming software but when I add a capture device and choose the link I can't see where I can set the resolution to a portrait resolution. Is this feature only available in Windows? The OBS guide shows a lot of setting I don't get when adding a video capture device. I remember seeing a lot of these settings in Linux also but macOS is ver basic.

buckettraveler

Hmm, can't edit. So I wanted to say I want to keep a Landscape output but have my video source in portrait, I want to be able to see me and my workspace and not have as much on the sides since I'm not streaming games but me working. I wanted to have me on one side and on the other chat/box art on the other. Not sure if this makes sense. The Link can't really fit me and my desk in when zoomed all the way out and I thought if I changed the camera to portrait mode, since it is on a gimbal, I could fit me and my desk in with where I am and my camera.

buckettraveler

Ok, I'm stupid, and it is also Insta360's fault. So it is possible to just physically rotate a camera 90° and then put a 'transform' on to rotate it in OBS.

HOWEVER, the Link in on a gimbal and corrects itself, lol. So one of the main features of the camera is keeping me from doing what I want. I posted on their forum and hopefully they will post an update to their software. It would be really simple to tell it to go into portrait mode and then rotate it in whatever software it is being used in. So aggravating. The tracking with the gimbal is awesome though, wouldn't want to get rid of the gimbal, it is the main feature of the camera!

I'm not sure if the mods will find this post useful to leave up or they just want to delete it. I wasn't using my head. Well, I was, I tried rotating the camera first but the Link corrected itself so I went on a quest to try to fix the orientation through OBS because that is what the camera's software told me to do.

chetmaddox

Ok, I'm stupid, and it is also Insta360's fault. So it is possible to just physically rotate a camera 90° and then put a 'transform' on to rotate it in OBS.

HOWEVER, the Link in on a gimbal and corrects itself, lol. So one of the main features of the camera is keeping me from doing what I want. I posted on their forum and hopefully they will post an update to their software. It would be really simple to tell it to go into portrait mode and then rotate it in whatever software it is being used in. So aggravating. The tracking with the gimbal is awesome though, wouldn't want to get rid of the gimbal, it is the main feature of the camera!

I'm not sure if the mods will find this post useful to leave up or they just want to delete it. I wasn't using my head. Well, I was, I tried rotating the camera first but the Link corrected itself so I went on a quest to try to fix the orientation through OBS because that is what the camera's software told me to do.
Did you figure this out?

Happy to help here.

ReversedWolf

Hey,
I just registered to the forum, because I had the same issue and nobody in the internet explaining how it works...

I actually solved it... If you activate Streamer Mode in Insta360 Link and then add the device in OBS you have to choose Custom Resolution, there you see also 9:16 Resolutions and can choose from one...

1682710263140.png

I also made myself some quick profiles so I don't have to go to settings if I want to change the main resolution to 9:16 or back to 16:9 every time:
1682710386254.png

I hope that helps...