Current Live Weather and Time overlay

Current Live Weather and Time overlay 2022-10-02

.norman.

ngholson submitted a new resource:

Weather and Time overlay - current weather and time overlay

obs_weather_time_overlay​

Weather and Time overlay widget for OBS

This requires a free account with OpenWeatherMap.org https://home.openweathermap.org/users/sign_up

Once you have your openweathermap account and free API key you will need to make the following changes in the weatherWidget.html file. NOTE: IT WILL TAKE 5-10 MINUTES FOR YOUR NEW API KEY TO WORK. PLEASE BE PATIENT.

open the weatherWidget.html file with any text editor:
change the...

Read more about this resource...

.norman.

Screenshot of the full weather display

screen_shot.PNG

.norman.

make sure you sign up for the free api key under the "professional collections" section and not the "One Call by Call" subscription plan.

.norman.

Features:
  • choose from 3 different weather icon packs or make your own.
  • automatically checks for updates
  • live current time display
  • updates every minute
  • lots of configurable options

JAM83

I can't get this to work at all. All it's showing is a tiny white square. I entered my API key and all that as well. Nothing is showing up.

JAM83

I can't get this to work at all. All it's showing is a tiny white square. I entered my API key and all that as well. Nothing is showing up.
I got it to work finally. I had to upload it to a hosting server. It wouldn't work locally.

gajit

My weather overlay keeps saying clear skies and a sun icon when clearly is it overcast and cloudy. Is the status supposed to change automatically? The time and temp update automatically but the icons do not.

.norman.

Yes it should, you may want to verify your api key and location settings. There may also be a reporting delay during summer showers that pop up quickly. I have no control over what the api is reporting.

weatherray

I am having issues where I can see the box and it seems to be changing dynamically for the weather but is showing no text whatsoever