Bug Report Crazy "No Disk" Error

NathsPlays

Yo.
After updating to the latest OBS Studio version and restarting the program once or twice, I was greeted with this crazy error message upon launch.

"Cancel" closes the message and that's all.
"Try Again" causes the message to reappear.
"Continue" causes OBS Studio to open as usual.

Here's the log file.

Is this a bug or is there something I should be worried about?
Thanks!

76a20398501b4b6085bfee2f85ac33f0.png

ToddEvf

I also receive every time i start up OBS since updating to 0.15.0 and 0.15.1. and for some reason during instal i get an error where it can't write the pdf.dll. not sure if that is connected to this issue.

Liz Victory

I'm having the exact same problem. It's quite frustrating. :( My OBS settings are sometimes not saving from the previous version and I have to redo all of my changes.

Rex Brown

I just ran into this today.

I've copied 0.15.2 version to a USB drive for portable use. Works great on my machine. The USB drive happens to be D: too. But when I test it on another machine-- where the drive is assigned E:-- it coughs up this error.

I even tried writing a batch file with no reference to the drive letter and converted to an EXE. Still no joy. Program works, but the error about drive D: always pops up.

It's like there is an INI file with a reference to the drive letter somewhere?

H4ndy

Forum Moderator
The portable mode of OBS is not really portable, it just requires no installation.

It's like there is an INI file with a reference to the drive letter somewhere?
Check global.ini, or anything in the "basic" folder.

Rex Brown

I had looked at global.ini and found no drive references. Just looked through the config/obs-studio/basic folder and found nothing there either.

H4ndy

Forum Moderator
Do you have any files in your scenes that get loaded like images? Then you need to edit the .json files in the scenes folder as well as settings for recording destinations in the profiles.

Rex Brown

No reference to D: in any of those either.

I do have a reference to an image- but it's pointed to our network share on F: drive.