Crashes from starting

dkim36

Hi,

I've been trying to fix this OBS from crashing on Mac. I tried uninstalling OBS and restarted my computer. Then I installed OBS but apparently it still remembers the old settings and things I did right before it crashed. I can't seem to reset and remove all the old settings to set OBS as "new". It just remembers the old settings no matter how many times I uninstall OBS. So basically, every time I double click to start OBS, it crashes.

David Kim

Adam H. Berkey

I'm running OBS 26.1.2 on my 2011 Macbook Pro 17" i7 2.2ghz, with High Sierra.

I had this problem today. It was the second time it has happened to me in about 4 days. I found the file highlighted in the image below, deleted it, and was able to restart OBS. Of course, all my scene setup is all now missing, but at least I have all the data files to recreate it all again.

The first time this happened, I created a new profile where I planned to only use OBS. However, I just couldn't do without some other critical apps while I reproduced the scenes I needed. It doesn't appear that having the new profile likely did anything to prevent OBS from not starting up again.

Wish there was to save my data (as in scene config data) to be able to retrieve it if OBS does this again!

Hopefully it will work for you too.

By the way, if you don't know how to get to your profile's Library folder, go up to the Go Menu in Finder and while the menu is open, press the Option key on your keyboard. The Library option will appear in your Go folder while you have the Option key pressed. Select it, and then you can navigate through the menus as seen in the pic.

Please provide any information as to your computer setup and what you did last prior to this happening to you. Myself, I only remember that I didn't turn off the Virtual Camera before closing, so the requestor popped up asking me if I wanted to stop, before quitting.

I had been working on an OBS.Ninja camera and troubleshooting where my audio from the peer to peer connection was.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ 1.jpg
    Screenshot_ 1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Adam H. Berkey

I was also working in Studio Mode.

I'm running OBS 26.1.2 on my 2011 Macbook Pro 17" i7 2.2ghz, with High Sierra.

I had this problem today. It was the second time it has happened to me in about 4 days. I found the file highlighted in the image below, deleted it, and was able to restart OBS. Of course, all my scene setup is all now missing, but at least I have all the data files to recreate it all again.

The first time this happened, I created a new profile where I planned to only use OBS. However, I just couldn't do without some other critical apps while I reproduced the scenes I needed. It doesn't appear that having the new profile likely did anything to prevent OBS from not starting up again.

Wish there was to save my data (as in scene config data) to be able to retrieve it if OBS does this again!

Hopefully it will work for you too.

By the way, if you don't know how to get to your profile's Library folder, go up to the Go Menu in Finder and while the menu is open, press the Option key on your keyboard. The Library option will appear in your Go folder while you have the Option key pressed. Select it, and then you can navigate through the menus as seen in the pic.

Please provide any information as to your computer setup and what you did last prior to this happening to you. Myself, I only remember that I didn't turn off the Virtual Camera before closing, so the requestor popped up asking me if I wanted to stop, before quitting.

I had been working on an OBS.Ninja camera and troubleshooting where my audio from the peer to peer connection was.

dkim36

Hi there,

I tried following that your instruction and removed the files. I rebooted my computer and then reinstalled it. However, it crashes from the start. I noticed that at a short glimpse before it crashes, I see sources still the same as before, no matter if I erased the files in the directory. As I recalled, OBS started crashing when I tried putting browser and video capture in the source. From that, it just crashes every time I start OBS.

dkim36

I seem to got it to work. I went into contents/plugins and looked at obscure-browser. I renamed it with "bak" at the end to see if it works. I renamed obs-browser.so to obs-browser.sobak. Now it's working! So.... I'm not sure what that is but guess maybe some one can explain what I just did... lol.