Question / Help Crash relating to d3d11.dll?

Kaecyus

First post here so I hope I'm doing this right.

When I first load up my OBS, I cycle through the scenes that I have to make sure that everything is OK and in order. A few times in a row it will crash while switching scenes, but then there's a runthrough that's stable. I have no idea what is causing it beyond the crash file that points to d3d11.dll with an error listed in the crash file.

The log file can be found at the github upload. Crash file is available here via Dropbox.

Thanks in advance for any help.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This seems to be caused by a "FrescoLogic Proxy Display Driver". I have no idea what that is, but try removing it from your system.

Kaecyus

I have no idea what that is either, R1CH. I've search for anything in regards to that driver on my system, both as .sys file, or in the registry. Even consulted a guide specifically based on how to remove that software from DisplayLink and all of that came up as doesn't exist as an installed service or unable to find.

Can I ask where the reference to that is in the file? It might give me a starting point to dig a little deeper myself.

EDIT: Wait, found it after WINRARing an installer for their files. lci_proxykmd. Looking into that now.

Kaecyus

You were right, R1CH, that DLL was the offender, or rather what was attached to it was.

It was a program called Splashtop Wired XDisplay, something I (now used to) use as a secondary display on a tablet via USB during streaming to keep an eye on OBS, chat, twitch alerts etc. Had to do a lot of digging, as it was in use by dwm.exe, then remove the driver from the driverstore using pnputil etc to clear it off the system completely. Guess I need to find a small LCD TV then and run it off DVI!

Thanks for your help. : ] If there's an option to close this topic, please do so.