Crash at opening after Nvidia SDK installation.

Martoire

Hello everyone!
I'm contacting you because since yesterday I'm having crashes when launching OBS after installing the Nvidia Audio SDK to manage the noise suppression via OBS filters (why..?).

So I removed all Nvidia components including graphics software, I reinstalled obs 28 then 29 via update, but no the problem persists.

To be able to open OBS I have to remove the file "obs-filter.dll". The problem is that without this file I have no access to the filters in OBS.

I don't know what to do to solve the problem.
I am sending you several text files of the crash reports.

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-08 20-54-21.txt
    67.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Crash 2023-01-08 20-56-48.txt
    67.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Crash 2023-01-08 21-07-50.txt
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Crash 2023-01-09 14-02-47.txt
    71.2 KB · Views: 10

BONE

I have the same issue, NVIDIA Audio SDK 1.2 and 1.3 both crash OBS when selected as noise suppression filter. I can add the filter, then add the noise removal option, but as soon as I click the close button, OBS freezes and then crashes.

The work-around I'm doing is using NVIDIA Broadcast 1.4 for noise suppression until the SDK integration gets fixed.

I just did a fresh windows install on my PC and it didn't make a difference. My PC: 12700k/RTX4090/32gb/ Win 11 22H2 / OBS 29

Last edited:

sandrix

You can remove the Audio SDK and wait for the fix. Reinstall OBS. Use the old version of RNNoise or the Noise Suppression for Voice plugin.
All your crash reports are related to noise_suppress

Martoire

As for me, I had to make a new profile and new scenes to finally get everything working.
It seems that my old profile, the one with the SDK, was corrupted so I had no choice but to reinstall everything...

I have Broadcast 1.4 since yesterday and it works fine but I never try to install the SDK again...

Good luck if you have to reinstall everything too...!