Question / Help CPU Usage

Rapt0r

I used to stream frequently using obs i had no problems everything was smooth and fine until i did an update like 5 months ago that was constantly telling me that my cpu usage was high my windows is new i have no viruses and hardly any programs installed so that's not the problem i have amd 6100 fx black edition cpu but what i don't understand i didn't change any of my settings they are the same as they used to be when i was streaming before it was fine no lag but once i did the update it lags like hell i changed all my settings to low and it still lags now i'll attack images to show my settings. i get around 40 mbps download speed in my internet and 10mbps upload speed.
rKLEt6g.png

UZDbUWc.png

ub5qnt6.png

dping

Yeah, there is no way that your CPU can handle 1050p@30fps with slow preset. my CPU has 2x the threads of yours and can't do that.

Raise the preset to veryfast.

Second, your bitrate is really low for 1050p. needs like 3500 bitrate for it to look decent.

Either add more bitrate (3.5Mpbs) or downscale the video to 720p.

Rapt0r

OK I'll send you the log file soon I'm not at PC yet I'm about to install my new router so I hit 70mbps :) I just streamed for 30 minutes the game was smooth but the stream was jumping all over but its not my internet its prob my settings

dping

Well you cannot have xsplit hooking the scene at the same time nor recording.

Code:
WARNING: Another hook is already present while trying to hook d3d9.dll, hook
target is \Device\HarddiskVolume3\ProgramData\SplitMediaLabs\XSplit\components\XSplitGameSource32.dll.
If you experience crashes, try disabling the other hooking application

I would also have up performance monitor to see what else is usings up CPU time. it seems that OBS is still not able to keep up.
Code:
16:42:14: Total frames encoded: 57719, total frames duplicated: 19350 (33.52%)
16:42:14: Number of frames skipped due to encoder lag: 16399 (28.41%)

rerun the test without xsplit running even in the background.

dping

Hi i did that when i stream my game seems smooth playable but then i check back at my twitch video and see it's jumping what should i do to fix that lagging in the stream ?
http://www.twitch.tv/c0dersec/v/9577281 here is my twitch video
Post another log please. Also, that wasn't the only thing I said, you should have windows performance monitor up and running if at all possible to see what is taking up the CPU. some will be OBS, some will be game, but there might be something else running that you need to stop that is taking up the rest.

There is also the chance that your CPU is being throttled because of hitting the thermal max for the IHS. the max for your CPU is somewhere around 60c.

dping

yes my cpu is at 100% usage but it wasn't like this before like i said.
https://gist.github.com/6a96d9abb923ca640b4f
zXK1ZM9.png

xnmPsrd.png
Go into steam settings and turn off things you dont need like in-home streaming and broadcast. Second, since steam seems to be using up 6% of CPU and almost 8MB/s writing to the disk, almost like you are installing something. you should have close to 0% CPU usage aside from game and OBS. 25% is being used on other things.

Definitely shutdown MSI afterburner unless you are using that to watch temps.

also, look into core parking and disable it. this might create more heat but keep your CPU at full MHz instead of idling.