Question / Help CPU Random Throttling For Seemingly No Reason

ParmeShawn

Hey there, long time lurker though never had a unique problem before that which I needed to post a thread until recently.

So my issue is that lately, when launching OBS, there seems to be a random chance that it will launch and idle at upwards of 45-70% CPU usage and just stay there no matter what I do, when on other occasions with the exact same settings it will launch at 7-25% CPU usage. These numbers are just launching OBS, not starting a stream or recording. Specifically yesterday, I managed to get lucky in that OBS was only using about 12% CPU idle so I started my stream. The first 4-5 hours I was steady 65-70% CPU with OBS, the game I was running and Chrome with my stream open. After about 5 hours, the CPU usage of OBS shot up to 50-67% and stayed there causing my PC to throttle at 100% CPU usage with added Chrome and the game running causing the game to stutter and drop frames and Chrome to lock up. I'm not sure if I'm having a memory leak somewhere in OBS but when looking at the Process Tree, the cef-bootstrap addins (I'm told are my browsersources) aren't even using 7% CPU for a top usage and the base program is upwards of 48% itself. I'm not sure what else really to add other than in the following log file it states that my 4930k is base clock where it's actually overclocked to 4.6Ghz as well as my RAM is overclocked to 32GB 2133Mhz (not sure if that really changes anything)

If you need anymore info from me, let me know!

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/001acea6a6c0cdc2ccce172cda0ee77b