Could you add timer start & stop for recordings

Marcia

I record concerts and webinars with OBS and then convert them to DVD. A lot of the time I am not available for the recording (which I can't do), or I can start, but not stop it (and I have hours more than I want). It would be extremely helpful to be able to automatically run OBS for the desired time period.

I know that OBS is more oriented towards games, but there are some of us that just want to record. Any chance of timed recordings happening?

Absolutely LOVE OBS

Many thanks
Marcia

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Such things are planned in the future -- though due to the amount of other higher priority stuff we have it'll still be somewhat far away.

Tim K

Has there been any progress made in this area?

I admittedly have no idea how much work would be involved, but I really need a plugin (or built-in functionality) that would allow you to schedule recording times throughout the day ...

So you could tell OBS to start recording at 12:00pm, and stop at 1:40pm. Then start again at 1:55pm and stop at 3:30pm, etc.

Thanks,
Tim

Osiris

These functions are not a priority. There are other more important things obs multiplatform needs to support.

ZeroLabs

The work being done on OBS is outstanding and appreciated beyond words. I understand this item is not a priority but I too just ran into a need for it. It is at least somewhere on the radar? Maybe even in the way of a plugin?

Xubuntu 14.04 LTS, OBS Multi-platform for Linux, nightly build PPA.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
As has been said, development focus is on important functions and features. But any user is free to add functionality to OBS by himself, either through a plugin or directly by making a pull request.
To this point and my knowledge, no user has programmed such a function yet.