Bug Report Copying and pasting duplicate a Source losing the position in the screen settings

Hello!

I've updated our OBS Studio to the lastest version, 22.0.1, because of a great change that i'm expecting: the possibility to group sources.
We use so many text sources for our live streaming, so this change were great to us.
1535055494471.png

But, and I don't know if this is related, no longer is possible to copy a source and paste duplicate without losing the position/size/alignment settings.
With this issue, every time i copy a text scene, i have to adjust the position from the scratch. Here is a example on how occur the paste:

1535056294100.png

In the previous version of OBS, the "Duplicated" was pasted exactly in the same position as the "Original". Furthermore, the left click "Transform" > "Copy / Paste transform" option causes no effect.

Other than that, I just have to thank the constant improvements in the program!

log: https://obsproject.com/logs/tvkjp4-Z4W0a1fsB

Suslik V

And, yes, it is caused by selection changes when Groups were added (https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/commit/88b6c63964b9c516bf1b2a049c6a884b56e2407d).

From now on the items selection is not modified when new item is added to the sources list ("Paste" action). In other words, the previous selection doesn't resets, new item not becomes selected.
Thus, the simple check in OBSBasic::on_actionPasteTransform_triggered() returns too early (destination item not selected). And transform options during Copy/Paste operation not copied.

Possible workaround:
Right after you click "Paste" (the source) - select the newly created copy of the source and in right-click menu choose Transform>Paste Transform

I think, @Jim aware of the problem. It is unknown for me is it preferable to make new function to copy transform or to modify existing or revert selection changes (I don't know why all this were changed in single move - the code lacks comments and maybe many code changes were squashed before I saw them).

Suslik V

Another few minor issues (I'm aware of) is left:
* Copy any item that is not part of the group. Then if one source from the group was copied and the group was ungrouped - it is possible to paste source that will has previous copied transform data (any copy action before items were grouped) instead of the transform data from the last copy action when it was grouped;
* when item removed from the group, the group's size remains unchanged but it is impossible to Reset it via transform, only possible by transform item that resides this group;
* after copied item removed - the right-click menus to paste (both, duplicate and reference) remains enabled. No action performed but may mislead the user (if any source is selected - the transform will be pasted). This one inherited from the previous versions of the OBS Studio.