Copy and paste XY position across scenes

As I work in 3d video, the Left Right alignment is very important and therefore I need two pictures of the exact same shape and size in the exact same position overlaid against each other in order to accurately convey the 3d effect. If it is not the exact same shape size and position then headaches will ensue trying to get it to work.

I noticed there's copy and paste reference and copy and paste duplicates. I tried both but neither is an XY position. I still don't understand what the difference between copy reference and copy duplicate is, and why copy position doesn't fall under either of those without tying the two cameras physically to each other? When I try to change one in the pair the other automatically changes when I change the other one back the first one does. Does copy paste this kind I think kind of the wrong way to do it. I don't know how having two copies of the same view help someone, (I guess if I sat and thought about it, I might have an answer). But automatically tying them and making them impossible to divorce them from each other is not a feature to me it's a bug. I could see things that can be synced but the reason why they must be synced is beyond me.