Controlling OBS streaming from a web browser

JIMMy2020

Hello,

I am planning to use OBS as a streaming encoder to send a live video to an RTMP server.

What I have seen is that before starting to stream I need to open OBS settings and set the RTMP server URL together with the stream key. Now, I am looking for a way to automate this process.

I have developed a Web site that connects to the media server to get the stream key. When the stream key is returned, I have to copy it in OBS settings. Is there a way to do all of that automatically? For example,

1. My site makes an API call to the remote server and get the stream key
  2. If OBS is not opened, it should be automatically opened
  3. Once opened, it is configured with the returned RTMP server and the stream key
  4. Start streaming
  5. When streaming starts, the preview appears in the web page and after a button pressing, it goes live
It is something similar of what is done in this example: https://help.streamingvideoprovider...ve-stream-with-obs-open-broadcasting-software

The only different thing with respect to that example, is that user must copy and paste manually the RTMP server URL and the stream key.

I was thinking about creating a Google Chrome extension, but in this case, I should limit the streaming to be made only using that browser.

What do you think about this? is it possible to do it? if you watch the example video, the live preview is shown in the web page and the streaming is not live until the user presses a button in the web page. How can this be done?

I will appreciate any thoughts or advices you can give me.

Regards
Jaime