Bug Report Constant Audio Stuttering/Skipping when recording, video works fine

dessertmonkey

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with OBS when trying to record with audio (not streaming at the moment) and no matter what audio source I'm using or how many tracks I have, the audio skips very frequently and randomly to the point it becomes desyned with the video. I have tried the following to fix it to no avail:

1. Made sure CoreACC was installed, both 32 and 64 versions. Didn't work.
2. Tested recording on both 32 and 64 bit versions of OBS Studio. Still didn't work.
3. Used both 21.1.2 and 22.0.0-rc1 versions of OBS Studio. Ditto.
4. Plugged into both USB and 3.5mm inputs (using a USB adapter). Same result.
5. Reinstalled OBS and cleared settings, still skips regardless.
6. Tried with Use Device Timestamp enabled and disabled, no effect.
7. Recorded a full minute of audio in Adobe Audition, skipping is not present at all, only occurs in OBS Studio.

I'm trying to figure out where the source of the problem is and my best guess is either a codec, driver, or system issue. This wasn't occuring until after I reinstalled Windows 10 x64 or possibly after plugging a Blue Yeti Snowball mic where this issue was also present.

If you have any insights on what might be causing the issue and possibly how to fix it, let me know.

Attachments

• 2018-08-17 10-57-22.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 435
  • 2018-08-17 10-50-28.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 140

dessertmonkey

Yes, I checked both OBS and my playback and recording devices and they're using the same sample rate. I double checked and still no go.

Edit: After giving up and doing other things such as installing Visual Studio 2017, restarting my PC, and chatting on Discord, I decided to try again and lo and behold the problem is gone.
...gotta love it when you report something and THEN it fixes itself. Not sure which one of these things fixed it, perhaps installing CoreACC requires a restart or something? Perhaps somebody else can try that and see if that works if they run into the same issue.

Still a mystery exactly what was causing it but I suppose if you poke enough buttons, it'll solve the problem :P Hopefully this info helps a little on figuring out said mystery.

I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with OBS when trying to record with audio (not streaming at the moment) and no matter what audio source I'm using or how many tracks I have, the audio skips very frequently and randomly to the point it becomes desyned with the video. I have tried the following to fix it to no avail:

1. Made sure CoreACC was installed, both 32 and 64 versions. Didn't work.
2. Tested recording on both 32 and 64 bit versions of OBS Studio. Still didn't work.
3. Used both 21.1.2 and 22.0.0-rc1 versions of OBS Studio. Ditto.
4. Plugged into both USB and 3.5mm inputs (using a USB adapter). Same result.
5. Reinstalled OBS and cleared settings, still skips regardless.
6. Tried with Use Device Timestamp enabled and disabled, no effect.
7. Recorded a full minute of audio in Adobe Audition, skipping is not present at all, only occurs in OBS Studio.

I'm trying to figure out where the source of the problem is and my best guess is either a codec, driver, or system issue. This wasn't occuring until after I reinstalled Windows 10 x64 or possibly after plugging a Blue Yeti Snowball mic where this issue was also present.

If you have any insights on what might be causing the issue and possibly how to fix it, let me know.

Hello! I have been trying to fix this same issue. Just out of interest, feel free to try the following:

Fix for audio stutter / intermittent audio glitch / pop whilst doing a local recording using an Elgato HD60 pro capture card whilst using OBS Studio 64 bit. Click file > settings > output > recording tab > (where it says audio track 1) and there are tick boxes, it will have 1 tick box ticked by default, tick all 6 audio track tick boxes. Then click apply. This will eliminate the audio glitch issue.

I had the same issue and this fixed it for me. Feel free to let me know if it works! As I am really curious if this helps you or not.

forget_it

Hi all so depending on what you are using this can be so frustrating... I have a solution for those of you using avermedia capture cards and obs together and perhaps this applies to other capture cards..if your audio just seems to stutter and no matter what you try you cannot sort it....[THE SOLUTION] in OBS your capture card source should be a video capture device...Click the settings cog in the mixer next to your video capture device and change [capture audio only] to [output to desktop audio] and then enable desktop audio. Make sure all your settings in obs match your capture card settings.

Things to note video bitrate in obs is kbps, avermedia stream engine video bitrate is mbps. So 3.0 mbps in avermedia = 3000 kbps in obs so on so forth.

Keep sample rate 44.1khz.

Audio Bitrate can be 128 or 256 just make sure everything in obs matches up with your capture card stream engine settings.

kinseliplier

im having this same probelm with the addition that everytime i play a game it destroys the audio of the game as im recording and makes everything sound like nails on a chalkboard to my ears with lots of popping and crackling and it mainly happens when i move my mouse wich makes no sense since im using a Wireless Bluetooth Mouse that dose Not use Any USB Adapters or Dongles or Recievers and i know its obs causing this cause when i close obs the audio in my games sounds perfectly normal and this only happens when i have obs open.

anyone know how to fix this?