Conflict between Logitech 920 and USB Video source

photon

Hi,
I can get either the Logitech 920 or USB Video working, but not in the same session.
The USB Video is running through a working cam link (USB Video Capture Card, HD Video Capture HDMI to USB for Live Stream) with either a GoPro Hero4 Black or Nikon D300 as the camera.
If I launch with either the Logitech or USB Video selected from the previous session, that video works fine, but the other is somehow disabled.

Deactivate/Activate on both or either has no effect
Checking the Deactivate box on both or either has no effect.

I'm not using either as an Audio source, if that matters.

I can also use the Logitech 920 and a Droidcam phone camera ok, and switch between them fully.
It's only when using the USB Video source that there is a conflict disabling the Logitech or the USB Video camera.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Lawrence_SoCal

I don't know specifically. I recommend doing a search in this Windows support forum on USB controllers.. and see if this is a related issue for you

photon

Thanks for the reply Lawrence.
I had searched for 'USB Video', but you prompted me to change the keywords to 'USB Controller' and I found a reference to USBview which showed me that both the Logitech and Cam Linked cameras were on the same USB hub in my system. I had a free port on the other hub and switching to that has seemed to eliminate the problem.

I am posting this, without a lot of testing, because I also found someone else on this forum with a similar problem.

I will continue to test with my other cameras and phone. Will update this if/when I find anything new.