config manager

ColterTV

Would be nice to have a config manager, for people like me that run different shows and has different scene/sources setup. As of now I rename files but would be great to have it built-in

Kharay

So? Just add all sources/scenes, avoid Global Sources altogether and you're set. A scene that is not selected isn't active. You can just create as many Scenes as you want, avoid switching to scenes that do not belong to a particular show and it's not a problem.

ColterTV

Well, thats far from ideal. I have hotkeys setup for my scenes, and doesn't work the way you are proposing :)
I also use global sources a lot.

For now I'm just renaming/backing up files and works, but would be nice to have it on the program itself (load/save presentation from other broadcaster software that I can't even mention haha)

Kharay

Why would you not be able to mention Xsplit? I've been in such a situation before, phpBB.com vs phpBBHacks.com... that was so boringly childish. ;) I mean, obviously people here prefer OBS over Xsplit, otherwise they wouldn't be here but that doesn't mean it's censored or anything.

Kharay

As I said, I was in such a fight before, with both phpBB.com and phpBBHacks.com actually actively censoring the other. Sometimes even on an administrator level; it was meaningless, childish and boring. I'd hope that people within this particular community are more adult and sensible than that. Fact of the matter remains, Xsplit exists, it existed before OBS did and it has a solid userbase. It's not something you can just ignore. Nor should people, having competition can actually be a good thing. Just think back to Microsoft during the 90s. Windows was so dominant, there simply was no relevant competition. The result? Windows was nowhere near as good as it could've been.

Having said that; a workaround for your particular challenge would obviously be to create a couple of batch files to do the renaming for you. I know, it's not the most elegant solution but it would work.

ColterTV

Ye, for my particular setup doing a .cmd for renaming is more effort than simple renaming the files directly myself as I'm doing now :D
Hoping that OBS will have this function in the future :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
It's a reasonable request, and one that has been requested before. Right now you can do it manually by making different copies of your scenes.xconfig file in %appdata%/OBS, but that isn't the most convenient method.