Complete Sync Overhaul

BullHorn7

Hello. I've been using OBS to stream for a few weeks now and finally achieved the quality I tried to get except for one thing: I cannot sync the game I'm streaming + my music player + my webcam video with my Microphone. It is a USB microphone with ~500ms delay.

In order to sync the microphone, I was introduced to 2 methods:
* Buy a capture card and delay the stream by 500ms which sounds a bit too much just for fixing sync.
* Speak to ths|jack0r about setting up VAC to delay the music player by 500ms so that when i hum/sing along, it will be synced. This proved to be a tad bit too complex and required using 5 different VAC repeaters and the entire thing just went crazy because each repeater had to have it's own buffer and often had overflows/underflows that forced me to raise the buffers.

ihrl0ltuJT1w8.jpg

It ended up being slightly more complex than this

I would love if OBS had a tab in the settings that allowed to perform full sync of each of the inputs (Stereo-mix, Microphone, each of the Sources. For example, I would set -500ms delay on the Microphone and OBS would know to automatically just add 500ms delay to each of the inputs and sources and by that 'fake' a -500ms delay).

Is this even possible?

ThoNohT

Developer
I'm not sure if for example game capture source will be delayable in the rewrite, due to the simple fact that it will require massive amounts of memory. While the audio subsystem will be a lot more flexible with regards to delays, I'm not really sure how this will be with graphical sources.