Compact Viewer

SIMJEDI

I have a suggestion for either integrating this idea or making another similar less feature packed program.

I use W10 and it has a nice feature of adding multiple desktops. OBS does a nice job of capturing windows from additional desktops giving us single monitor users the ability of not cramping up our main desktop with multiple programs playing multiple sources.

My suggestion would be to have the ability to display a captured window from another desktop with a borderless window. A example would be playing a video from a website on a separate desktop, putting it into fullscreen mode then switching back to the main desktop to view in a scalable window that could have the ability to stay on top so the video could be watched while doing other things like browsing the web.

I appreciate all the devs and their hard work that has went into this program over the years and think this suggestion would be a awesome addition!

Thanks for listening.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS is not a desktop window management program, it's a video mixer/compositor and encoder.

SIMJEDI

Yes I know what it is and use it that way. I'm just suggesting that this would be an awesome idea for being able to watch from another desktop onto the main one. Here is a picture to show what I mean. A Netflix video is playing on another desktop and I can view it from the main one. The idea would be to have the ability to play it on a scalable window without menu bars or anything else showing unlike it is now where I have to view the entirety of the whole program.

zEIpz0V.jpg

ETA: Here is another pic showing how I use it now. It would be nice to just have a borderless window.

kD8s7yw.jpg

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Given that this is not how OBS is intended to be used, it is unlikely this will be prioritized.