Command Line Switches

Yeshar

Hi,

I'm trying different things with OBS, and *think* that I have found a happy, stable setup/settings. I was wondering if it's possible to launch OBS and have it start streaming immediately with full screen preview enabled via a command line?

That'll save a few steps, and I can use AutoHotKey to start OBS when I'm ready to stream.

Thanks guys!

RustySawDust

A switch to start streaming was added quite some time ago, but a fullscreen preview has to be triggered manually at the moment. Here are all available commands: http://jp9000.github.io/OBS/general/shortcut.html

I had actually already found that but in my case I don't have anything to stream to. Like many others I'm having trouble getting the direct mode mirroring of the Oculus Rift to work with OpenGL so I'm using it in extended display mode. I'd really like OBS to automatically mirror the Rift to my monitor when it starts up. If I use -start, it will actually work for a few seconds but then it stops and I get a pop-up saying that it could not connect to a server. Is there any way to trick it to stream without actually making a connection?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
You can Preview in OBS, but I don't believe there is a way to start previewing automatically on startup.