Question / Help COD Warzone - stuttering when recording with OBS

vBunnee

Nope, still stuttering and jittering, I had tried this earlier as well, but wanted to try again just for sanity's sake.
Sorry I meant keyframe interval to 0, not the b-frames. Changing interval to 0 made gave me 1 or 2 instances of that jitter in my 15mins recording. Try changing that too.

szerwony

I have also already tried tweaking every option in OBS but sadly without any luck. I don't think it's settings related problem, because I have second PC and there is no problem with recording Warzone on any combinations of settings.

GunHawkLA

I heard that this can happen because NVIDIA have issues prioritizing OBS over the game, but since this is x264, why it should be an issue?

SheppardSG1

Hello same problem here guys in preview (not streaming recording) fps drops lags like crazy in game is buttery smooth only in menu im getting some drops but that is from the game starting after this new patch, but i can stream any other games just fine 0 problems game is poorly optimized for PCS rip streaming that game 4me i tried obs streamlabs studio same resoults but it was fine untill that update 24gb one that just dropt i tried all the settings nothing seems to helpd But if im go live its horrible with lags only gulag places seems to be smooth or its the game or obs

SheppardSG1

Ok i fixed my problem with setting full screen in game settings and in obs game capture and no more stuttering in previews too

I've been having the same stuttering issue and its driving me crazy. I'm on the verge of trying to find a new recording software for warzone because I'm just wasting time trying to fix it.

Mistiklese

After messing around so much flipping so many switches lost track what i did and all i manage to do is reduce the stutter.
Been trying to fix a stutter that randomly pops up for few seconds and goes away. Switch over to using my cpu instead of
nvenc. and set obs priority high in the task manage which helped a little bit.

It seems there something broken with nvidia and windows and not obs but i don't know for sure.
But OBS is acting weird as well. Getting random increases in GPU usage and i haven't done anything yet.
And for some reason OBS has been taking a bit to load up.

Raider of Souls

I only have the same issue when i record the game "Control", but that result of the use of direct x12 and Ray Tracing (i have a geforce RTX). If i use direct x11 i have no stuttering when recording the game "Control". As a alternative i record this game with the gforce experience.

blender

Anyone find any fixes? I also experience awful stuttering. Searched the internet for fixes and none have worked.

Mistiklese

No I've been at it for Months and still nothing. Pretty much a feature at this point. But the cause is directx 11 and 12.

fulsan

Hey guys, I had the same issue. I've tried to follow a lot of pieces of advice and something(I dunno what) worked. What I did:
1) Updated OBS and set correct settings
2) changed compatibility of the game to Windows 8( You can try windows 7 or 8)
Probably it influenced this stuttering
3) set low settings in the game
U can also try changing priority of either game or OBS.(or both)
That's all! If I helped you, u can subscribe my twitch channel. I will be grateful for this:) If I didn't help u, sorry.

Mistiklese

Not sure if it will help but the things i discovered on my quest to fix the stutter so far.
1. Color range is bugged
2. SSAO is bugged - Don't know if OBS uses this but ambient Occlusion is bugged with some games and causes ingame stuttering and screen tearing.

There is a few other things but still messing around.

Probably would be a good idea to make a brand new OBS from scratch.
But that is just me.

M1STY14

Hi everyone! I solved my problem and recorded a video for you guys - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e2tUY3sHvE . If you still have stuttering issues after watching the video I recommend that you put the "Rate control" (in the Settings > Output > Recording tab) to CQP and adjust the CQ level anywhere between 20 (higher quality) and 30 (lower quality but not too bad). And don't forget to start OBS as an administrator!

Bkstandukar

@szerwony I am here to save your day. A bit late but yeah. Your solution is TURN OFF PREVIEW in OBS. You can do this by right clicking on the OBS screen and select Perfoemance mode. There you go.
ps: I had the same problem and this was the reason. Please try with your NORMAL game setting. Turn off vsync.

Jinnzell

Okay everyone I’ve fixed my issue of the stutter in obs recording and streaming for COD MW, go to display settings, advanced display settings then go to display adapter settings, monitor then set that back to 60 hertz and not 144. If you have 144hz set in cod it runs as 144hz and not 60hz I have tried and tested this only seems to be a issue with cod but no other games to my knowledge. Hopefully this helps you guys.

SmikeyKanji

I have an AMD RX 580 8GB, 4.2GHz i5-9600k with 32GB of 2666Mz ram and still can't fix this issue no matter what I did. I only experience this with the 2 latest Call of Duty games (Modern Warfare & Cold War). Every other game doesn't do this and surprisingly cyberpunk doesn't shutter/jitter when recording. Every other Call of Duty Game I own from black ops 4 down doesn't do this when reviewing the footage. I don't know how content creators do it. I do know some of them like FourZeroSeven and Moo upload videos where you can obviously see them having the same issue but the majority of their COD videos seem to be smooth. I don't know how they do it with OBS.