Question / Help CLR Browser

TuckingFypoツ

So I installed all of the parts for obs studio and installed the PPA as well just in case and I still can't find "add clr browser" when adding a source to one of my scenes. I noticed overall the add scene dropdown menu is a bit different to windows 7 which is what I'm used to (forced to use linux atm). Should I be seeing "add clr browser" or is it called something else?

Side Question: What does the PPA even do? (I figured it was the clr browser part)

Harold

Nope Nope and Nope.

The CLR Browser is a windows-only plugin.

There are separate browser plugins for windows, mac and linux. You have to compile the linux Browser Source plugin yourself.

TuckingFypoツ

Nope Nope and Nope.

The CLR Browser is a windows-only plugin.

There are separate browser plugins for windows, mac and linux. You have to compile the linux Browser Source plugin yourself.

So does that mean for Twitch Alerts I have to only use the seperate window notifications/chroma the green background or is there another way to have it as a source similar to CLR Browser? Sorry I am new and most post I see just redirect me to install the PPA which is why I am confused as to how to use it.