Circle appearing in the center while streaming.

cgimpression

Hi,

I'm new to OBS and I have tried to stream live via OBS on youtube and I have macbook pro.

I connected 4k Cam with decoder downscaling to 1080p. My OBS is up to date on patches as well OS.

Live is working fine, but I see a circle in the center of screen that shows as if something is getting loaded, and this circle is showing up the entire duration, I tried on two different networks, one via WIFI and second via Cable, in both I see the circle.

How do I get rid off this annoying circle? I took the snap shot of the screen, but the circle is exactly the center of screen.

Chandra.

Attachments

• OBS_circle.jpg
    OBS_circle.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 30
Could it be an optical thing in the camera? Something wacky with the lens?
I don't know if this will help, but I always turn off all my filters and resoures everywhere to see if that is the issue. Just click that eye icon on and off, but it's probably not that simple. Good luck!

cgimpression

actually that circle is appearing only in Mac, the moment I start the app and connect the video source, its showing up as if its trying to load something, and this circle is not going away.

Any help on this (with Mac)?

actually that circle is appearing only in Mac, the moment I start the app and connect the video source, its showing up as if its trying to load something, and this circle is not going away.

Any help on this (with Mac)?
I am also using a Mac. I wonder if it's the settings on your camera. Does it also happen with the Mac internal camera Facetime. If not, it is probably your external camera settings. Perhaps look at the possibility you may have switched something on you didn't realize you did.

cgimpression

I am also using a Mac. I wonder if it's the settings on your camera. Does it also happen with the Mac internal camera Facetime. If not, it is probably your external camera settings. Perhaps look at the possibility you may have switched something on you didn't realize you did.
I did the same setting both on Mac and PC one after the other, just changing cables from MAC to PC. In fact, I didn't try the internal mac's internal camera, will try that, but the point is...its not appearing on desktop (no internal webcam).

It takes like 2-3 seconds after I connect (without even going for scheduling) to the camcorder to appear this circle (as if its trying to load some pending tasks/components).

I did the same setting both on Mac and PC one after the other, just changing cables from MAC to PC. In fact, I didn't try the internal mac's internal camera, will try that, but the point is...its not appearing on desktop (no internal webcam).

It takes like 2-3 seconds after I connect (without even going for scheduling) to the camcorder to appear this circle (as if its trying to load some pending tasks/components).
How about create a brand new scene. The internal plugins of OBS will show up, but all other software that you had installed like scripts and plugins manually should not be present. If the issue still appears then I'm running out of ideas. Actually that circle is possibly a script or a shader. I would turn everything off by the eye icon on each source to see if it still happens. A more involved trouble shooting idea is to create an additional login on your mac. This pretty much loads your basic OS and nothing else. Then go to this site and install a new copy of OBS into it. This install does the same thing just what came stock with OBS. See if it shows up. Good luck!

Last edited:
How about create a brand new scene. The internal plugins of OBS will show up, but all other software that you had installed like scripts and plugins manually should not be present. If the issue still appears then I'm running out of ideas. Actually that circle is possibly a script or a shader. I would turn everything off by the to see if it still happens. A more involved trouble shooting idea is to create an additional login on your mac and this pretty much loads your basic OS and nothing else. Then go to this site and install a new copy of OBS into it. This install does the same thing just what came stock with OBS. See if it shows up. Good luck!
One more thing.....I would backup and delete everything on your Mac through scenes manager and it pretty much lets you start again, but I CAUTION YOU IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY you will either lose the data or it's backed up and you won't be able to find it.....

cgimpression

One more thing.....I would backup and delete everything on your Mac through scenes manager and it pretty much lets you start again, but I CAUTION YOU IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY you will either lose the data or it's backed up and you won't be able to find it.....
sorry for the delay was busy with other events.

I did try to create a second scene on mac, same issue and no change. The OBS I have on mac and pc is just bare with no plugins installed, but updated to the latest on both. I don't want to use it on PC due to BSOD issue that pops all of a sudden.

I tried to delete the OBS on mac and its not going to trash (I'm new to mac too), I have uninstalled other apps on mac, but this one is not going to trash.

sorry for the delay was busy with other events.

I did try to create a second scene on mac, same issue and no change. The OBS I have on mac and pc is just bare with no plugins installed, but updated to the latest on both. I don't want to use it on PC due to BSOD issue that pops all of a sudden.

I tried to delete the OBS on mac and its not going to trash (I'm new to mac too), I have uninstalled other apps on mac, but this one is not going to trash.
Well, their has to be a better safer way then what I'm about to tell you to do, but here goes.
Open OBS as if to use it. Click on show/hide to show (it's right under the OBS icon uptop) go to - file -show settings folder - basic - scenes -back up that scenes folder to a place where you can easily find it after you get it up and running then delete the contents of that folder. This will back up and delete all your work and plugins etc so far.... After that you will start anew. Try to recreate it in your new scene the way you want it. You can see if that works. If you really want to delete OBS you are in the zone to delete all files associated with OBS with what I just told you. Delete the contents folder and then the app icon.....I always mention that I'm not a programmer and not an OBS guru, so their may possibly be a better way, but I want to help help. If you mess up your OBS you can always download and install a fresh copy.....I didn't mention backing it up with scenes manager because I thought as a new mac person you might not know how to do it. Good luck!