Question / Help Choppy/Laggy videos on any settings

Marlsworld

Hey guys, after 3 days of trying every settings adjustment on the forums im wondering if anyone can help me out. Im trying to record the Sims 4 and my 2019 Macbook Air, a bad computer for this I know, and OBS says I'm getting 30+ FPS and only using 27% of my CPU, yet the videos are unwatchable choppy and look like 10 FPS. I can even see its choppy on the preview screen. I would normally chalk this up to my computer just not being powerful enough, but my Macbook air 2016 recorded the sims fine and I was able to live stream the game without these issues. Any help is appreciated.
THis is my log file link if it helps, https://obsproject.com/logs/6mX1ok9OJyeNFi2g

Tangential

I would try 2 things.

First I would switch Settings-Output to Advanced mode and see if the Apple Encoder is available under the recording tab. On a mac it is orders of magnitude better than software x264 using the main CPU.

Second, I would switch from window capture which basically sucks in my opinion on mac (for no apparent reason since lots of other window capture tools work just fine) to screen capture and do whatever cropping and/or resizing to capture what you want.

Captain Anunnaki

I would try 2 things.

First I would switch Settings-Output to Advanced mode and see if the Apple Encoder is available under the recording tab. On a mac it is orders of magnitude better than software x264 using the main CPU.

Second, I would switch from window capture which basically sucks in my opinion on mac (for no apparent reason since lots of other window capture tools work just fine) to screen capture and do whatever cropping and/or resizing to capture what you want.
OMFG, After spending a few days, reading about bit rates, and resolution etc. Trying every setting known to man. This right here solved all my problems... I was trying to stream Hearthstone, and my stream looked like 10 frames a second. Then I came to realise the preview window and video recordings was doing the same shit... Changing my setting from window capture to Display capture made everything snappy and now the stream seems to be working flawless. So strange, I really hope the OBS people see this and fix it! It's obviously a bug.

Now I am wondering if even the tiny Screen I am using to display spotify song names is making the whole experience more choppy.
Anyways Thanks! God Bless! All Hail The Crab People!