Check this recorded video, it's freezing in "Game Capture" mode WHY?

Wayne01

Please check the attached video.
This is happening when I'm using the "game capture" function (mp4, 60 fps)
But, if I will change the method of capturing to "screen capture" these freezes will disappear.

Do you have any thoughts?

CPU: Ryzen 3700x
Video card: Palit RTX 2060 SUPER 8G GP
RAM: Kingston 2x16Gb 3200 MHz
SSD: ADATA M.2 XPG SX8200 Pro 1000G

https://youtu.be/HHf6dkQoqiE

FerretBomb

We need a logfile from a live streaming or recording session at least 30 seconds at length from a session where the problem was happening, to see what's happening on the back end. Unfortunately, a video does not help.

FerretBomb

I would recommend not recording to MP4; it tends to cause significant issues, and is not a recording-safe format. If you need multi-channel audio, record to MKV instead, and use the 'remux recordings' option in the File menu to convert to MP4 if your editor needs them.

The provided recording was very short, and does not appear to have the issue present... we need a test-recording where the problem happened, to see relevant logfile results. :)

21:21:35.745: - scene 'ОФФЛАЙН ЗАПИСЬ':
21:21:35.745: - source: 'оффлайн мик' (wasapi_input_capture)
21:21:35.745: - filter: 'Шумоподавление' (noise_suppress_filter)
21:21:35.745: - filter: 'Компрессор' (compressor_filter)
21:21:35.745: - filter: 'Усиление' (gain_filter)
21:21:35.745: - filter: 'Лимитер' (limiter_filter)
21:21:35.745: - source: 'Захват игры 2' (game_capture)
21:21:35.745: - source: 'Захват экрана 2' (monitor_capture)
You should never have a Game Capture and a Monitor Capture in the same scene. Monitor Capture should only ever be used as a last-resort, as it is the least-performant capture method, and can cause Game Captures to bug out and perform badly just by being in the same scene... they don't need to both be on at the same time, even.

Wayne01

I would recommend not recording to MP4; it tends to cause significant issues, and is not a recording-safe format. If you need multi-channel audio, record to MKV instead, and use the 'remux recordings' option in the File menu to convert to MP4 if your editor needs them.

The provided recording was very short, and does not appear to have the issue present... we need a test-recording where the problem happened, to see relevant logfile results. :)

You should never have a Game Capture and a Monitor Capture in the same scene. Monitor Capture should only ever be used as a last-resort, as it is the least-performant capture method, and can cause Game Captures to bug out and perform badly just by being in the same scene... they don't need to both be on at the same time, even.

1. The provided recording was very short, and does not appear to have the issue present
The last video with the log file shows that when you drive the surroundings kinda glitching (just look at a fence or pillars)
In the first video when I drive on top there are no glitching and when down there is.
The log file covers the video in my 2nd message, so I recorded it when the problem appeared

2. You should never have a Game Capture and a Monitor Capture in the same scene.
But sometimes I have multiple Game Captures and Monitor Capture, they are not working at the same time, only one is, the rest are off (grey icon of eye)
So what you are saying, that even if they are turned off they would affect recording performance?

3. record to MKV instead
I changed to MKV and deleted Monitor Capture from that "offline recording" scene.
But the issue still remaining. Here is the log file and a video covering that moment.
As you can see the glitch appears on that exact moment, when you are driving that part of the road down, after that the glitching dissapearing.

Video file from the log: 2020-12-27 02-15-06

4. Then I added again a monitor capture with a Motor Capture (no glitching effect is present)
Video file from the log: 2020-12-27 02-24-47

5. Any thoughts what to do to fix it?

FerretBomb

Interesting; that looks a lot like an older bug where the frames were being sent out-of-order to the encoder. I'm a little confused as I recall that bug having been related to g-sync use if memory serves correctly, and it looks like your monitor doesn't support gsync. It's been some time and I don't clearly remember the fix.
Pinging @R1CH as IIRC he had a definitive answer (sorry for the ping!)