Chat plugin

FatHitman

I would like to get a plugin just like Xsplit had where you can run the chat of your channel onto your stream directly.

MattMan

Agreed, this would be really nice for those who don't run two monitors or use a laptop as a second screen.

Quirinus

Yea, I agree, that would be nice. There are ways to do this without it, but it's not ideal:

If you enable Areo you can use software window capture on the pop out chat window and select the sub-region where the chat text is, it works; you can move it anywhere (in some corner, over the edge, barely visible, if you don't want to chat), but it must not be minimized.

Alternatively, if you must have Areo disabled, you can still do this, but no other window must be over this one and it must be visible (can't move it over the edge because it won't capture that part), can't minimize as well.

zangets00

This is possible if you use mIRC to view your chat. With a script that outputs the last message to a single text file then with OBS you add a text source and point it to that text file. I've been fiddling with it but it's very basic and static. The scripts can be found on the xSplit forums.

Another option is if you use XChat. You can record a region of the window. Additionally If you want just the text you can use color key to hide the background color of the message area.

A plugin would be nice for a more dynamic option.

FatHitman

I use three monitors, So i can see chat already. I just think having a chat plugin is good for the viewers if they want to fullscreen.

Dajova

Yeah, this isn't really needed, since you already can capture it from a irc client and set it on the stream already. That's what i do. Just requires you to think a bit :)

computerguy

this seems quite interesting and eliminates the hassle of having to load the websites chat box, it seems it would be quite simple to impliment