Chat Designer for Twitch

Chat Designer for Twitch 2.8.1

MiiRiiCo

MiiRiiCo submitted a new resource:

Overlay Chat Designer - Tool to create and Design your own Overlay Chat

Chat Designer​

...lets you create a custom overlay chat for your Twitch channel. It provides the following features and many more:
  • Multistream support
    Add multiple Twitch channels to the same overlay chat. (But please ask the channel owners for their permissions )

• Filter out channels and messages
    You can choose to filter out specific channels and messages with a specific content. (E.g. you can filter out Bots and !commands if you want the chat...

Read more about this resource...

MiiRiiCo

MiiRiiCo updated Overlay Chat Designer with a new update entry:

Important bug fix + additional options

BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed a bug where this tool weren't working anymore if the url "badges.twitch.tv" is not accessible.
NEW FEATURES:
  • New animation: New messages push older messages away to appear
  • New option: In the "Animation In/Out" settings is a new option to define the animation curve (for this go to the external link with the button, set up a curve and copy the cubic-bezier over
ETC.
  • The background settings have new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

MiiRiiCo

12h system for Text-Content settings

FEATURE EXPANDED:
  • Added new 12h options for the Text-Content settings. These include:
    • {h12} - hour the message got sent in 12h
    • {hh12} - 2-digit hour the message got sent in 12h
    • {apm} - shows AM or PM depending on when the message got sent

With this update I want people from countries with the 12h time format to be able to actually use it. I hope you have fun :D

Greetings! ❤️

Rox4me

Do you think it would be possible to add a function for RTMP connections?
Would love to have this for multi streaming on Youtube and Twitch

MiiRiiCo

Do you think it would be possible to add a function for RTMP connections?
Would love to have this for multi streaming on Youtube and Twitch

Hey Rox4me,

I have already thought about how to implement YouTube Live to the Chat Designer. But because Twitch and YouTube have many different features, I currently focused on the support for Twitch.

However, I had the idea to treat YouTube chat messages as Twitch messages inside this tool and convert similar features so that they look almost the same. Currently though I'm not that familiar with the YouTube API yet, but I'm ready to give it a chance and try to learn it ^^ I'm not sure when this will be ready, but I'll do my best :)

Have a nice day :)

MiiRiiCo

2.4 - Positioning and sizing for backgrounds

NEW FEATURE:
  • Added the posibility to change the size and position of backgrounds
CHANGES:
  • Changed the UI of the background settings a little bit so that it's easier to see, which background is selected currently
With this feature, you can now place different backgrounds next to each other, instead of only overlap them. This offers you much more designing options and I hope you'll have fun with it ^^

Greetings ❤️

rbdriftin

Hi there. I really like this tool a lot. I made exactly what I wanted in Designer.html and it was perfect for my OBS. Unfortunately after I saved the data.js and placed it in the Script folder, and then linked the Chat.html file in OBS as a source, I get nothing.

Secondly, when I tried to design a new chat box and typed in my twitch name into the Streamer-list, the green connect wouldn't work anymore.

I hope this can fixed, I think this has a lot of potential to be very versatile!

Thank you in advance.

MiiRiiCo

Hi there. I really like this tool a lot. I made exactly what I wanted in Designer.html and it was perfect for my OBS. Unfortunately after I saved the data.js and placed it in the Script folder, and then linked the Chat.html file in OBS as a source, I get nothing.

Secondly, when I tried to design a new chat box and typed in my twitch name into the Streamer-list, the green connect wouldn't work anymore.

I hope this can fixed, I think this has a lot of potential to be very versatile!

Thank you in advance.
Hey rbdriftin,

thank you for your feedback :D Can you tell me, which version of this tool you're using? I noticed in some older versions that some settings didn't work as expected. And can you attach the data.js file? It might only need a few fixes in this file, because it didn't save proberly due to some bugs in older versions (and maybe in the current version as well?).

Have a nice day ^^

danielsan2022

This works great! No issues with it. Chat displays perfectly and I have it set to disappear after 300000 ms (5 minutes).

Could you please post some tutorials on how to get chat to look exactly like your examples though? I would like to try them / tweak them to my liking. Thanks!

MiiRiiCo

This works great! No issues with it. Chat displays perfectly and I have it set to disappear after 300000 ms (5 minutes).

Could you please post some tutorials on how to get chat to look exactly like your examples though? I would like to try them / tweak them to my liking. Thanks!
Hey danielsan2022,

thank you too for your feedback :D I'm currently in the making of some little tutorials on YouTube ^^ I'm not the best speaker though, so I still have to cut and edit it a lot and I will link it if it's ready :)

Have a nice evening / day ^^

rbdriftin

Hey rbdriftin,

thank you for your feedback :D Can you tell me, which version of this tool you're using? I noticed in some older versions that some settings didn't work as expected. And can you attach the data.js file? It might only need a few fixes in this file, because it didn't save proberly due to some bugs in older versions (and maybe in the current version as well?).

Have a nice day ^^
Hey I actually got it working, it was a mistake on my end, I made a silly mistake of linking the wrong html file because I forgot I moved the folder! It's an excellent tool, thank you very much.

MiiRiiCo

MiiRiiCo updated Chat Designer for Twitch with a new update entry:

2.5 - Copy settings

2.5 - Copy settings

NEW FEATURE
  • Added the ability to copy settings over to others of the same type
    (chatbox-background -> username-background)
    (chatbox-shadow in user mode -> chatbox-shadow in sub mode)
CHANGES
  • Opacity-sliders now always show their values. (This should make it much easier to give multiple elements the same opacity value)
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where...

danielsan2022

Hey danielsan2022,

thank you too for your feedback :D I'm currently in the making of some little tutorials on YouTube ^^ I'm not the best speaker though, so I still have to cut and edit it a lot and I will link it if it's ready :)

Have a nice evening / day ^^
Hey you're welcome.

Actually I put more time into it, and after a second try, I got my chat bubbles looking a lot more stylish and cool, like yours!

The trick is the corners, putting lots of pixels into them, so they get smooth curves.

Well, you know all that! Take care lol

MiiRiiCo

2.5.1 - Bug fixes

2.5.1 - Bug fixes

BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed an issue where after using a color preset the value of the opacity didn't change
  • Fixed an issue that after duplicating a background for the message section the settings didn't show properly anymore
  • Fixed an issue where after duplicating a background the color input didn't work immediately afterwards.

2.5 - Copy...

MiiRiiCo

2.5.1 - Bug fixes

2.5.1 - Bug fixes

BUG FIXES:
  • Fixed an issue where after using a color preset the value of the opacity didn't change
  • Fixed an issue where after duplicating a background for the message section the settings didn't show properly anymore
  • Fixed an issue where after duplicating a background the color input didn't work immediately afterwards.

2.5 - Copy...

MiiRiiCo

2.6 - Masks

2.6 - Masks

NEW FEATURES:
  • Added a mask setting to Chatbox, Username and Message. Masks work similar to backgrounds with the gradient and the sizing settings. You can layer multiple masks above each other to add areas that should be visible.
  • Added naming to backgrounds (and masks) so you can manage them much easier.

2.5.1 - Bug fixes

BUG FIXES:...

MiiRiiCo

2.7 - Layout (beta)

2.7 - Layout (beta)

NEW FEATURES:
  • Added a new Layout Setting to Chatbox. Now you can change if the username and the message are on top of each other or next to each other. You can also choose which of both comes first and last.
  • If you choose one of the "row" options, you can also choose how the spacing between both elements should be handled. Should there be space between these...