Change scenes after live/record

Marocco2

Hi.
I usually make videogameplays with a camera but in some situations I need change the scenes after the record.
My suggestion is make a file format (for example .obs), then open it, change scenes and rebuild the video.
I think is very useful.

bye :D

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
This would require encoding every scene to a separate file, and is rather impractical/infeasible.

Marocco2

True, if we only use mp4 files.
AVI decompressed files separate each channel (video 1, video 2, audio 1 etc).
You could make an external program to link the original video file (unmodified) to a project Build file (generated when you press "rec"), then link to each source a scene and finally rebuild the record.
I know is hard but the logic is simple.

Thanks for replying :)

p.s If you can't make it, do you know what program does? thanks :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
It will be a long time before OBS gets multicording, so perhaps you should try vMix instead.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The version of vMix that has a multicorder is $630 (you have to get the 4K version).

Multicording is a very demanding process, expensive both in price and system resources. The Studio version of OBS may have it one day, but it will not be for long time. To my knowledge, there is no program that does this for free, because to be frank, offering this feature for free is kind of insane. It will be free in OBS if it gets added, but like I said, that is a long way away.

If you want to do fancy things with video production, it's eventually going to cost you money somewhere. OBS lets people get by with a lot of stuff for free, but there is a limit, and you have hit the current limit.