Capture Screen

stuartlw1976

Hi guys

im struggling when i try to record my desktop on display capture. i have obs about 3 quarters of my screen and explorer in the remainder of the screen . i prefer to drag and drop sources from explorer rather then the traditional way and thats what i what to capture . so i start recording but as soon as i had a source i.e A Background , when looking back on the recording it just displays the Background full screen and you dont get to see what im doing for the rest of the tutorial you just see the background and things appearing that im adding . i want to show the full screen so when adding text GDi etc people can see how its done . hope this makes sense and best regards in advance ps i have attached a 10 sec clip to show what i mean

WBE

Dropping things this way into OBS adds them at the top of the Sources list. So your image is on top of the Display Capture, thus blocking the visibility of capture. Probably the image is fullscreen in the Program window so it will result in being fullscreen in the recording.

Try to run two instances of OBS: one with only the Display Capture source to record the tutorial and another to perform the tutorial in/at. This can have an initially blank scene to for images and other elements to be added.

stuartlw1976

Dropping things this way into OBS adds them at the top of the Sources list. So your image is on top of the Display Capture, thus blocking the visibility of capture. Probably the image is fullscreen in the Program window so it will result in being fullscreen in the recording.

Try to run two instances of OBS: one with only the Display Capture source to record the tutorial and another to perform the tutorial in/at. This can have an initially blank scene to for images and other elements to be added.
ill give it a go when im at my machine Massive thanks for replying WBE much appreciated