Capture Device Audio Level

TimeRocker

OBS Classic had the option to lower your capture audio to whatever you wanted to set it to from within the capture device properties, no matter if you were outputting the audio to your desktop or just the stream. Now that option only exists if you output it to the stream, and is not available if you output it through OBS/desktop, which is what I do.

This forces me to lower the game audio for the stream through the Windows Volume Mixer by lowering OBS, however, what this does is ALSO lower the volume of everything else picked up by OBS, meaning you have to make EVERYTHING much louder to get the levels correct. for your viewers. If OBS Studio had the same setting to change the capture device audio level regardless of whether or not its outputting to the desktop would be a great help to many people.

Gothun

Same issue here. I have to drop OBS volume on Windows volume mixer really low and make my alerts a lot louder than I do streaming pc games. I would really like this option to come back and be able to adjust the capture card volume while it's played through desktop audio and then add gains for the stream while having the audio lower for myself without having to lower OBS volume overall, which changes everything.