Bug Report Capture card has No audio

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
Using the Avermedia Live Gamer HD (c985) , I get no audio at all when I put it into a scene. The video goes in just fine but theres no audio at all. Is this an issue? or am i just doing something wrong?

-Sean

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You should be able to use the audio from it via the audio section in settings

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
or actually, hm, the audio may not be accessable unless the device is capturing, which could be problematic.. hmm, it's a problem with my app if that's the case, I'll check into this.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Fortunately I have a C985 myself so I can get it working directly at some point.

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
Ah! excellent, also, I appreciate such quick response! honestly wasn't expecting it. I have a work around until then. (Software capture HD PVR) but I would like the ability to use the c985. thank you :)

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
Also, i've been told to post the contents of the log from that attempt to stream. so here it is.

Open Broadcaster Software v0.411a - 32bit (´・ω・`)
-------------------------------
CPU Name: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 3110MHz
Physical Memory: 4095MB Total, 4095MB Free
stepping id: 2, model 1, family 15, type 0, extmodel 0, extfamily 3
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
Base resolution: 1280x720
Output resolution: 1280x720
------------------------------------------
Adapter 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Video Adapeter Dedicated Video Memory: 2630287360
Video Adapeter Shared System Memory: 1610776576
Loading up D3D10...
Using auxilary audio input: Microphone (Logitech USB Headset)
Audio Encoding: MP3
bitrate: 192
Using audio/video sync fix
Video Encoding: x264
fps: 60
width: 1280, height: 720
quality: 10
preset: faster
i444: no
max bitrate: 2500
buffer size: 2500
Total frames rendered: 612, number of frames that lagged: 13 (2.12%) (it's okay for some frames to lag)
=====Stream End=======================================================================

Profiler results:

==============================================================
frame - [100%] [avg time: 13.344 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1] [children: 97.1%] [unaccounted: 2.89%]
| scene->Preprocess - [55.8%] [avg time: 7.442 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1]
| video encoding and uploading - [41.3%] [avg time: 5.517 ms] [avg calls per frame: 1] [children: 32.3%] [unaccounted: 9.08%]
| | CopyResource - [20.1%] [avg time: 2.684 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
| | conversion to 4:2:0 - [12.2%] [avg time: 1.622 ms] [avg calls per frame: 0]
==============================================================

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Sync fix? You having issues with sync going out? Hmm, AMD again.

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
I did. without it checked, my audio was gradually getting further and further behind from the video. but the sync fix corrected the issue.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Every time I hear about any serious sync issues it's almost always from someone with an AMD CPU -- problem is, I shouldn't be doing anything that causes any sync problems, at least.. hm. I'll check my code further. I'll add more options to see if people can get it to work without the sync fix, because this shouldn't really be happening. I wonder if it's the specific motherboard timing fix I have in my timer code.. hmm. I really wish I had an AMD system to test on, but I've been using intel for ages.

Sorry, don't mind me, just rambling.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Well if you're not getting any adverse affects, then that's good, but still you shouldn't have to use it. It ensures sync, but I really wish people didn't have to use it. I'm just going to go all out and add more options in the advanced settings page to see if people can get any different results with options enabled/disabled.

Anyway, I can't promise the device audio will be in the next version, but I'll see what I can do about getting it in sooner than later, as it's another pretty important thing for people who are streaming console games.

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
Also, if ya need a guinea pig for any AMD fixes like that, lemme know. more than willing. (skype is the same as my name here if needed.)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Ah, thank you, I'll take you up on that offer some time when I get around to implementing the test code.