Question / Help Capable CPU for 4K 60FPS streaming?

HDR_Streamer

I am looking for dedicated PC for streaming so I don't need fast GPU and integrated GPU is enough. Does anyone have tried 4K @ 60FPS streaming and what kind of CPU is needed for software encoding (with CPU) for 4K 60FPS streams? Which CPU from Intel or AMD is capable for it?

Elixerin

I am looking for dedicated PC for streaming so I don't need fast GPU and integrated GPU is enough. Does anyone have tried 4K @ 60FPS streaming and what kind of CPU is needed for software encoding (with CPU) for 4K 60FPS streams? Which CPU from Intel or AMD is capable for it?
Okay, so lets start with the most important factor before hardware gets involved, you would first need an upload speed of around 50-60 mbps 50,000-60,000 bitrate just dedicated to the stream, so really around 100mbps upload from your provider(to be safe and not throttle your internet). once you have that part down, next is figuring your streaming platform, twitch is already off the table due to 6000 bitrate limit and a 1080p resolution cap. i know Youtube doesnt have a bitrate limit, so assuming your using that(or whatever else supports 4k60 fps) at the needed bitrate now we get to the most taxing part which is hardware, to stream a task like that would require at the very least a 16 core cpu for smooth sailing MAYBE a 8 or 12 core at extremely fast presets can slide depending on the task you are streaming. Your best bet for this kind of task is an AMD Threadripper or if you really want to spend the money Intel’s newer i9 processors, now you can slide with less as its a dedicated stream pc and i dont know in exact what tasks you will be streaming(this is huge cause if you are gaming the cpu power needs to increase exponentially, but if you’re just doing art or say playing a card or slow paced game than the power needed will change drastically, in this case 8c/16t processors from either ryzen or intel will work) However if you are going for a pc like this i would build one thats not just up to par with what you need but a bit better just for future-proof(and with these kind of cpus many many years at that lol).

Hope it all works out for you, happy building!

Last edited: