Question / Help Can't use multiple cameras

JHalsey

Hello!

I am attempting to set up a stream that requires the use of multiple cameras as well as an audio recording device.
The cameras are two Logitech C920s and one Logitech C615. The audio device is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Here's the issue: I can only reliably run 2 of these devices at a time. I can use the Scarlett and one of the cameras, but if I try to add another camera, most of the time the camera will flash a blue light and it will not display any video from that camera. Occasionally I can get another camera to run, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to getting another camera running.

I can operate two cameras simultaneously, but then the Scarlett will not receive audio.

I tried installing a new USB 3 controller hub, but using this hub with any of the aforementioned devices crashes the entire computer. The error that appears refers to a page in a non-paged area.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening and what I can do to fix it?
I am currently running Windows 10.

Any ideas are welcome

marketingplaybook

similar issue. I'm trying to steam to both youtube and facebook at the same time so I have 2 open Windows. I only have 1 webcam setup and it does not seem like you can choose the same video capture device.

Boildown

You should probably try OBS Studio for something like this. Its probably easier to get it to work, and if it doesn't, easier to get the developers to look at the problem.

To use multiple webcams you need to be aware of the USB bandwidth limits. Set the video encoding to MJPEG and you'll have no problem.