Question / Help Can't record while streaming

FlevoHD

Hi,

I've been using OBS Studio for a couple of weeks now. Whilst at first, everything worked perfectly fine, during my last two streams I noticed I was unable to record the stream. I repeatedly clicked the 'Start Recording' button, but OBS didn't actually start recording. I thought this was very strange, especially because the first couple of streams I did with OBS Studio I could record just fine.
I also noticed that prior to the streams I wasn't able to record, I couldn't start streaming right away either. I already had OBS Studio open for a couple of minutes to prepare everything for the stream, but when I clicked the 'Start Stream' button, nothing happened. I had to close and then re-open OBS Studio in order to start my stream.

I really want to fix this issue asap, because if something funny or cool happens during my stream, I want to upload it to my YouTube-channel, which I obviously can't if I can't record the stream.

Oh, and as requested, here's the log file: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b978158228da192356f08fa7c97641df

FlevoHD

@Harold @BeardyBroLeague
Apologies for the late reply.
I currently have set the NVENC H.264 for both streaming and recording. However, after reading both your replies, I ran a quick test with the NVENC H.264 encoder for streaming, and the x264 encoder for recording. With those 2 separate encoders, I was able to stream and record at the same time, So it seems I have the same problem as BeardyBroLeague.

I also checked the thread you linked in your reply and tried to do a clean driver install, but I had no idea what driver I had to download from the GeForce website (I have the GeForce GTX 960), so I haven't re-installed any drivers as of yet.

BeardyBroLeague

Well, just a quick update on this, it seems to intermittently work or not work very randomly, I have listen the troubleshooting steps I am going to do on my thread.

The clean driver install didn't fix this issue, but it did rectify some other niggles I'd been having with game fps drops and the like. On the flip side, I do get more "Nvidia GeForce driver stopped working and recovered". Don't know if that has anything to do with anything?