Question / Help Can't record 4k60 with NVENC on really nice computer

Herclacules

Just built a new computer to run a dual PC streaming/recording setup so I could record 4k. My two PCs are as follows:

PC 1:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
SAPPHIRE Radeon VII 16GB
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Asus Prime X470-Pro
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

PC 2:
Intel i9-9900K Coffee Lake
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Black
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
G.Skill Tridentz 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
1TB PCIe M.2 SSD (don't remember the manufacturer and can't find the packaging right now).
AVerMedia Live Gamer 4k (GC573)

I had intended for PC 1 to be my recording comp and PC 2 to be my gaming comp. That wasn't working out because recording 4k60, the video ALWAYS came out choppy, when that PC should really be able to handle it no problem. I posted on reddit and googled a bunch and everything I was told/read basically pointed to using NVENC encoding, which obviously I can't do on PC 1 with the Radeon card.

So I switched my capture card and all the wires around and put it into PC2 (where it's currently listed above). Set everything up to record NVENC, downloaded the game onto PC 1. And two hours later, tried to record. STILL CHOPPY. Now, I feel very confident that PC 2 should be able to record 4k60 with NVENC and not break a sweat, much less PC2, so WHY is it always choppy. I've attached the logs below.

Log from PC 1 attempt.
Log from PC 2 NVENC attempt.

I sure would like to figure this out as it's been a brain ache all weekend and all of today.

koala

Use the defaults in Settings->Advanced->Video: Color Format NV12 instead of RGBA, Color Range Partial and Color Space 709. RGBA as color format is what makes your encodings fail.
You will then see the picture quality is not very good, since CBR 15000 isn't enough bandwidth for 4k recording. So for the nvenc encoder, change to the nvenc (new) encoder, rate control CQP with a value between 15-25 (lower values mean higher quality and bigger file sizes).