Cant launch OBS

Sims

Hey,

I tried to install Streamfx for OBS, realised it wasn't what I wanted, and uninstalled. Now when I launch OBS it immediately crashes. I've restarted etc but can't seem to get back in. Before I fully reinstall and lose all my profiles/ scenes I thought I'd check here first. I've attached my crash log too.

Attachments

• 2020-07-03 16-12-15.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Crash 2020-07-03 16-12-25.txt
    150 KB · Views: 7

koala

In your logfile, streamfx is still present. But reinstalling OBS doesn't clear your profiles and scenes, so it's safe to do that.

To get rid of any remaining trace of any 3rd party plugins, uninstall all these plugins first that come with installer.Then uninstall OBS itself. After that, check with Windows explorer if the directory "C:\Program Files\obs-studio" still exists. Remove the obs-studio directory manually, if it exists. This will get rid of any remaining loose files. Then install fresh.

Your OBS configuration isn't saved here, it's in the appdata directory of your user's profile. This isn't touched at all by install or uninstall.

Sims

Thanks a lot, Koala! I didn't realise profiles/scenes etc were stored separately. I did as you said and it's all working correctly again.
Super appreciate your help.