Question / Help Can't get screen layout to work

Crayfish

I am new to streaming and really need help bad. I can't figure out how to get the screen layout to work. What setting brings up the screen layout? Can't put anything on the screen and can't arrange anything. Studio mode is the same it just splits the window in two sections. Video window projector only works on smallest size and then freezes if expanded and won't arrange on a screen so I can't add chat or anything else to the stream. I've watched a bunch of tutorials and still can't get it right. My screen is white instead of grey and is the full size of the section instead of part of the screen. I reinstalled the software after trying just about every setting and it is still the same. I really need help with this. All my gigs(going on 16 gigs lost) have been cancelled because of covid-19(thousands of dollars lost) and I am trying to offer streams to clients and am unable to do anything if I can't stream. I posted elsewhere but got no response for two weeks. Tried the chat area with no response either. Below is my last log file.

I have a gaming laptop and am using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 to go through with the audio.
Acer Predator 17 Laptop with intel core i7-6700hq @2.60ghz with 16gb ram. Geforce NVIDIA gtx970m