Can't get obs virtual camera to work.

Wynworm

Hi everyone, I can't get the OBS virtual camera to show anything, I really wanted to use this software for educational talks over Zoom.
I read that the new version 28 doesn't support virtual camera plugin anymore, and you need to use the older OBS 25 version. Where can I find the older version? Or is there a new plugin that will work on 28?
All the best
Wyndworm

Harold

The virtual camera function is built in to obs as of a few versions ago. There is no need for the plugin.

NavyNuke

When you say it is "built in", I don't seem to be able to just use the camera in ZOOM with my OBS background. After removing the old virtual cam and reinstalling using C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\win-dshow\virtualcam-install.bat and selecting "OBS Virtual Camera" as a source for the webcam, I get the ninja star symbol and a camera icon with a slash through it. Any suggestions? In the previous version, I had to use the virtual cam to get the OBS backgrounds in ZOOM.

Harold

Once you get to that point, click the "Start Virtual Camera" button in obs next to "Start Recording"